Norovirus on Quest?

amcVA

I read someone's recent Quest review (I forget which!) that mentioned an outbreak of Norovirus on that sailing. Does anyone have any information about the extent of the outbreak, or whether more recent sailings have also experienced outbreaks?

Just curious. I have had Norovirus before, so I know I'd survive if I did come down with it, but am hoping we'll all be in the clear for the March 29 sailing!

Hi -

We're on the Quest now - went through Panama Canal yesterday - it was awesome!

We haven't heard of any Noro on board. The hand sanitizer wipes and machines are posted everywhere, and people seem to be using them well.

The internet is very expensive, so I probably won't be able to answer again. We're having a wonderful time on a beautiful ship - it has far exceeded our expectations and hopes.

Brenda

We were on the Feb. 16th Quest cruise. We did have a norovirus outbreak on the second day of the cruise. The ship staff did a great job of cracking down on things. No more self-serve in the buffet, no salt and pepper shakers on the tables, no cloth towels in the bathrooms (just paper towels), etc. It broke out so quickly into the cruise that we assumed people brought it on board. We were impressed with the way things were handled (although tired of hearing the same exact spiel from the captain each time he spoke). About 2/3 of the way through the cruise, things returned to normal. We did not have any issues and did not know of anyone who had - I suspect that it was a fairly small outbreak.

We were on the Feb. 16th Quest cruise. We did have a norovirus outbreak on the second day of the cruise. The ship staff did a great job of cracking down on things. No more self-serve in the buffet, no salt and pepper shakers on the tables, no cloth towels in the bathrooms (just paper towels), etc. It broke out so quickly into the cruise that we assumed people brought it on board. We were impressed with the way things were handled (although tired of hearing the same exact spiel from the captain each time he spoke). About 2/3 of the way through the cruise, things returned to normal. We did not have any issues and did not know of anyone who had - I suspect that it was a fairly small outbreak.

Hi Crzrr !

Thanks for the information !

Hi -

We're having a wonderful time on a beautiful ship - it has far exceeded our expectations and hopes.

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Just what we want to hear ... can't wait! Enjoy the rest of your cruise & looking forward to hearing more when you return.:)

Susan

Archived