Princess - Non-Smoking?

2irishgals

rci has gone all non smoking in all cabins- you can smoke on the balcony tho- and other designated areas of the ship

That's right....smoking is only allowed on the starboard decks for one.

M.

Are all (or any) Princess ships non-smoking? If not, can you request a non-smoking room?

I asked about Princess Australia this for our cruise as I am highly allergic to cigarette smoke as it brings on an asthma attack.

Irish pubs nearly killed me before they went smoke free!

I was told that all cabins are non smoking but If I can smell any smoke in the cabin from people inconsiderate enough to have smoked in the cabin it will be cleaned until I am satisfied and that they are thoroughly cleaned at the end of each cruise.

I hope I can believe it or I will be sleeping in a deck chair!

We would occaionaly get a whif of somke on a Princess ship we were on this year and would notice it when we first came into the cabin. We finally came to the conclusion that it was probably comming in thru a vent, the hall or from a another cabin; we would open the balcony door and it would be gone right a way.

Just switch to Royal Caribbean. All rooms on Royal Caribbean are no smoking and smokers are fined $250 if they smoke in their room.

This is one thing I'm having a hard time understanding. If the rooms are non-smoking, but you can smoke in your balcony, what happens when you open your balcony door and the smoke filters in? Are they still going to fine you $250.....even though you did not smoke in your cabin??? Would love to know how RCCL is going to address this:rolleyes:

This is one thing I'm having a hard time understanding. If the rooms are non-smoking, but you can smoke in your balcony, what happens when you open your balcony door and the smoke filters in? Are they still going to fine you $250.....even though you did not smoke in your cabin??? Would love to know how RCCL is going to address this:rolleyes:

I know one thing that happens when my neighbor smokes on their balcony....the smoke drifts into my room if my door is open. Seems to me it would be better if they allowed smoking in the rooms and not on the balcony. On our last cruise their were cigarette butts lying on top of the covered balconies just below us. Kind of scary. Celebrity has the same rules as RCCL, it's probably just a matter of time before all the cruiselines follow suit.

This topic has been beaten to death :( .. and in view of CC posting the cruise line guidelines on smoking it will/should be very easy for everyone to understand them. If the guidelines are not followed on whatever ship you happen to be on, it needs to be reported. If a cruise line has a policy you can't "live with" or have found that they do not uphold, make your voice heard by cruising on another line... but everyone is entitled to their "opinion" and what one chooses to do with one's health has nothing to do with cruising..!!:rolleyes:

::: stepping ever so carefully off soapbox bec. I have on 3" heels today:::eek:

Archived