Ecological Tours

cruisefreak13

Hi There,

Has anyone ever used Ecological Tours for an excursion in Belize? Also, I was considering the San Pedro Ambergris Caye Snorkeling by Air excursion - has anyone been on this one? The last time we were in Belize we did Shark Ray Alley/Caye Caulker with Coral Breezes and they were great but we were trying to find a somewhat different place to snorkel (we know we still want to snorkel) and it appears the San Pedro Ambegris Caye excursion is still part of the Belize reef. Any other snorkeling suggestions and companies would be appreciated.

Thanks, cruisefreak13

I used Eco Tours and booked a scuba trip from the port. Flew over to Ambergis Caye for a 2 tank dive. It's beautiful over there. I was a bit leary about taking a plane anywhere with worries about missing the ship, but all worked out well. Even considering I got off on the wrong Island (Caye Caulker) and was stranded for 2 hours! I'm considering doing it again on my Cruise in May!

We used Ecological Tours in mid February 2008 and would thoroughly recommend them.

We were met by Marvin (the owner) and did the Shark Ray Alley excursion which we would thoroughly recommend. This included a 45 minute speed boat ride, a trip to Caye Caulker (a fantastic little island), snorkelling off the reef and swimming with Stingrays.

This is a great day out (far better value than the Cruise ship prices) and thoroughly recommend that you give it a try !

Hope you have a great day in Belize!

Archived