Holiday

pylant

Anyone sailing on the Holiday or just get back from traveling with them? We are leaving out March 29 and I can't wait! It's our first time cruising and it will be myself(34) hubby(35) and 2 teen sons (15) & (17).

Anyone sailing on the Holiday or just get back from traveling with them? We are leaving out March 29 and I can't wait! It's our first time cruising and it will be myself(34) hubby(35) and 2 teen sons (15) & (17).

Sorry, my experience is very dated [08/05 and 09/06], but I really [say that about 8 times] enjoyed myself. I wanted to do two more on Holiday this year, but was overruled, so one Holiday [Oct] and one Fantasy [Apr] it is. I hope she is still there in October. I cannot really explain why, but I just have a total ball when I am on that ship. The huge RCI ships [Voyager / Freedom] are awesome just to look at and walk around, but just not as much fun to me.

The Holiday was the first carnival ship I was ever on. I hope you have as good as a time as I had.

Wonderful time! My October 2007 sailing was my 9th Carnival cruise, and even though I had previously experienced larger and newer ships (like the Liberty), I actually enjoyed my cruise on the Holiday more. The ship, short lines, friendy crew and fellow passengers, easy cruise terminal, and relaxing itinerary truly made it a winner. I would go again in a heartbeat!

We sailed her last December. I didn't expect much because of her being an old ship, but I was pleasantly surprised. Food, service, and shows were good and the crew was friendly. And Mobile was a nice surprise also. Great terminal, friendly staff and all of the local eateries were good. I'll go back as soon as Ginger D lets me.

If your first cruise is going to be on the Holiday its likely to be your last.

What, exactly, is your agenda???? Seems that any Holiday thread that pops up has you rushing in to bash. Why :confused:

I've been on her twice, with another booked. She's a good ship. Not the only one I've been on, but my favorite :)

Go away...:eek:

We were on the Holiday Feb 25th til March 1st sailing, this was our 3rd cruise on her over the past 4 years. Great cruise ,we did the 5 day Cozumel and Calica/Playa This was the best cruise on Holiday thus far, yes it is a smaller, older ship but will still provide you with a great time. Enjoy yourselves and remember to let us know how it was.:D

I sailed in Jan of this year and had a good time. The ship is definitely showing it's age, but it has a great itinerary especially if you are making the Calica stop. The port is nothing, but it is central to a lot of activities. Being a smaller ship the lines are shorter which is nice. Don't miss the country show. It was excellent!:)

I like the holiday. I was sad when they moved her from New Orleans. I think I liked the holiday better than the fantasy which took her place.

I esp love those cheap roomy 1A cabins on the back with the window.

Think I will go see what is available. Mobile is not that far away.

If your first cruise is going to be on the Holiday its likely to be your last.

I have to disagree with this comment. I just returned yesterday from my first cruise on the Holiday.......What a trip, had a blast, I'll try to post a trip report today

Sorry, my experience is very dated [08/05 and 09/06], but I really [say that about 8 times] enjoyed myself. I wanted to do two more on Holiday this year, but was overruled, so one Holiday [Oct] and one Fantasy [Apr] it is. I hope she is still there in October. I cannot really explain why, but I just have a total ball when I am on that ship. The huge RCI ships [Voyager / Freedom] are awesome just to look at and walk around, but just not as much fun to me.

I hope so, too, as we've just booked the Holiday for October 16!

Donna

I like the holiday. I was sad when they moved her from New Orleans. I think I liked the holiday better than the fantasy which took her place.

I esp love those cheap roomy 1A cabins on the back with the window.

Think I will go see what is available. Mobile is not that far away.

Can you tell me more about the 1As in the back? I have a 1A booked, but it's not in the back. It is one with a porthole. I wasn't sure about the ones in the back. They do look roomier when looking at the deck plans. Is that true? For my sailing, it looks like all four are still available, and I'm considering changing. Any info would be appreciated :D . TIA.

Can you tell me more about the 1As in the back? I have a 1A booked, but it's not in the back. It is one with a porthole. I wasn't sure about the ones in the back. They do look roomier when looking at the deck plans. Is that true? For my sailing, it looks like all four are still available, and I'm considering changing. Any info would be appreciated :D . TIA.

Sorry, I don't understand your question. But I will take a stab.

1A cabin with bunkbeds. Lots of floorspace. On the upper deck at the back of the boat. Large window.

There is a shimmy back there from time to time, but I happen to like it. So not a problem at all for me.

The Little Woman and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute we spent on Holiday! It helped that we'd gotten upgraded to a Veranda Suite .. . now THAT was nice!! But the crew/wait-staff were wonderful.

What an upgrade :eek: :p ;)

That must have been really sweet!! Those are nice cabins (not that the others aren't...).

Sorry, I don't understand your question. But I will take a stab.

1A cabin with bunkbeds. Lots of floorspace. On the upper deck at the back of the boat. Large window.

There is a shimmy back there from time to time, but I happen to like it. So not a problem at all for me.

So they have the one bed with the pulldown? Is it truly a window or is it a porthole?

Sorry if my question wasn't clear, but thank you for responding :)

Archived