question about the wine on the ship

Im cruising on a Carnival ship and know you can bring one bottle of wine per person. I also know it is subject to a $10 corkage fee if you drink it during dinner. But, if not, are you allowed to bring a wine bottle opener in your checked luggage or is it something that if seen on the x-ray they could confiscate?

If anyone has recent experience with this and could offer advice that would be great.

Am just back from a trip on Carnival Valor--I took a bottle of wine in my checked suitcase and another in my carryon. I packed a crokscrew. A friend told me they do not charge you "corkage" if you in fact do it yourself. So I did, I used the small drawstring type backpack to carry it to the dining room. No fee. No problem. They were very nice about it and even brought a wine chiller!! Then my friends and I bought more wine in Grand Cayman and just brought it aboard in our beach bags, no problem. Also bought wine in Cozumel. Security asked if that was water in my bag, I said, "no, its wine" he let it go and as I was walking away said, those with alcohol go over there and check it in. That was over to the left and the stairs were to the right. I just went up the stairs, as did my friends, No problem.

Archived