What if

If someone points out that you used the wrong fork or such, that shows that their manners are worse. But don't be afraid to ask your server, or anyone at your table. You may not be the only on with the same questions.

Above all else, have a good time and enjoy!

Absolutely! Miss Manners and Emily Post and all those manners-mavens (new word? :)) always say the absolutely worse manners belong to people who feel the need to embarrass someone by pointing out their "bad" manners. Ultra polite people are supposed to pretend whatever embarrassing thing you did didn't happen. Have you ever seen an hold movie when someone does something rude and everyone kind of looks away or at the ceiling and then someone quickly changes the subject? Don't sweat it, it's a cruise ship, not dinner with Queen Elizabeth.:D

Don't worry about waht some stuffy nosed person may or may not think about you. Believe me, :p 99% of the people that cruise these days are average, hard working people that just enjoy cruising.

That 1% that you probably will never see they are the ones that stay hidden in their really expensive suites.

Your too cute.....Don't let simple things like this take any enjoyment out of planning or enjoying your cruise.

Most of the info is correct here, yes the waiters do pick up forks, knives, and spoons after each course, always start from the outside and yes the little tidbit about the saucer for rolls and butter is so true. It seems like everytime we have cruised my neigbor takes my plate. I have never said anything to them though because IMO it really does not matter.

Have a great trip and relax and enjoy yourself...:)

Archived