Bayahibe Public Beach....La Romana... all the answers...

monicajay

I am on the Grand Princess docking at La Romana on 30/12. We are a family of 7 and would like to go to a nice resort for the day. Is the Iberostar far away from the port of La Romana or am I best to opt for the Casa de Campo Hotel? If someone could advise me and give me the contact email for Iberostar I would be very grateful.

Thank you

Kellie;)

I am on the Grand Princess docking at La Romana on 30/12. We are a family of 7 and would like to go to a nice resort for the day. Is the Iberostar far away from the port of La Romana or am I best to opt for the Casa de Campo Hotel? If someone could advise me and give me the contact email for Iberostar I would be very grateful.

Thank you

Kellie;)

You can goole Iberostar resort, Dominican Republic and email them they are very prompt at replying... it was a 20-25 min taxi ride from the peir.

Hi! In addition to looking into the Iberostar, we are also looking into the Casa de Campo resort (it's supposedly gorgeous!). I don't know if you've read anything about that property. It's a bit more money, but there is none of the preregistration that Iberostar seems to require and it's closer to where the ship will dock. If we would go to the same place, it would be great to arrange transportation together. We are also a family of 4...2 adults and 2 DD (11 & 13). I honestly don't know though when we will make up our minds on which place we will go. I've been in contact with Iberostar, and they are supposed to email me a confirmation this week. Have you visited the roll call thread for this Explorer cruise? You're don't have to sign up for the meet & mingle, you can just visit the thread and chat. :) There is additional info on both of these locations regarding day pass info. I'll look for you there and back here on this thread!!

Hi,

I am also pondering both resorts and unsure which is the best option for the day. Any info you can share would be great.

Thanks

Kellie;)

I'm also on the Grand Princess docking in La Romana in early February. I am starting to wonder whether Princess actually plans to dock there or not. It seems that other lines (Carnival and RCL) are dropping a lot of their stops to La Romana. RCL is replacing the port with Samana, DR. It is strange that Princess.com has a description for excursions for every port except LaRomana. My friend, who is also on the Dec. 19 cruise, still has no access to book her excursions. This is very unusual as Princess usually opens their excursions for booking by this time. Please post if you hear anything.

Hi Dot,

My TA rang Princess last week re the excursions not being up and was told they were about a week away from being listed.

I also wondered whether or not this port was a certain stop or not.

I have a relative who is involved at a Government level with D.R. and he was very surprised this was a port we were stopping at. Last time he went there there was a coup going on and he literally got off the plane and hopped right back on again!!

Kellie;)

Thanks for the info, Jane. It may explain why some stops have been cancelled there and Princess still hasn't made up its mind. If they keep the port, it sounds like a good spa and pool day on the ship. If you hear anything else, please post here. You will have the first access to the excursions for this itinerary.

The DH and I are hoping for lots and lots of beach time and are having trouble deciding on day passes at a resort, the public beach, or the ships excursion to Catalina Island, which is shorter than we'd like. We are waiting to hear back from Casa del Mar and Iberostar re: day passes. We've found a few independent dive operators, but no water taxis. Does anyone have any more info? Please share! Thanks!

We couldn't find the link to the Iberostar review; could someone please post it. Thanks again.

We are cruising on the Splendor, Jan 3/09 and can hardly wait. It snowed 6" here yesterday! :-o

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the info, Jane. It may explain why some stops have been cancelled there and Princess still hasn't made up its mind. If they keep the port, it sounds like a good spa and pool day on the ship. If you hear anything else, please post here. You will have the first access to the excursions for this itinerary.

Hi Dot73, we are sailing with you - and are on the prior sailing too -- the excursions are open on the Princess site - we are thinking of going to /Santo Domingo on the Princess excursion. We don't usually do ship tours but we really want to see Santo Domingo and don't want to do it on our own because of the distance. The first time we are in port we are going to check out the town of Altos which is only a $7 round trip ride and sounds like a nice town. If we are bored we will put on bathing suits and head to the beach.

I haven't quite decided what to do yet in DR. I'm going to wait and see what the first Grand Princess groups post about the town. Altos sounds like a nice little town and apparently you get some great views from there. Unless someone else from our roll is also going, I just may take the ship's excursion. Since I've never been to DR and I travel solo, I usually won't venture out on my own. Apparently, the locals are very aggressive in DR just like in Jamaica and I realy don't enjoy that. I am happy to buy things that I like, but I hate being harassed.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

For those of you who have gone to Iberostar, did they e-mail you a confirmation before you left for your cruise? I received the passport form a few weeks ago to complete and bring with us, but have yet to receive a final confirmation. I received pricing info. and was told to bring the passport form along when we check in. Is this the confirmation, or does it actually say "confirmation"?

I'm concerned our group of 12 will arrive at the gate and be turned away. I'm the group leader, so this would be really embarrassing for me since I sold everyone on this place.

Is the Bayhibe Beach close by (within walking distance) if we do get turned away? If so, do they have public bathrooms? Should we have the cab driver wait for us until we know for certain we will be spending the day at Iberostar? Should we consider going to another resort instead? This seems like such a hassle.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Mary

• 1 year later...

I know it's been more than a year now, but did any of you make it to the Iberostar? If so, how was it? If not, did you wind up doing any ship excursions?

Inquiring minds want to know. We'll be in LaRomana in October on Carnival Miracle and are trying to decide what to do there. Ship excursions are not yet posted.

I know it's been more than a year now, but did any of you make it to the Iberostar? If so, how was it? If not, did you wind up doing any ship excursions?

Inquiring minds want to know. We'll be in LaRomana in October on Carnival Miracle and are trying to decide what to do there. Ship excursions are not yet posted.

Hi Peter! We are going on the Miracle March 27th, 2011. We are looking for something to do as well! If you find anything, let us know OK?:D

Hi Peter! We are going on the Miracle March 27th, 2011. We are looking for something to do as well! If you find anything, let us know OK?:D

I'm feeling optimistic and will keep you posted.

I am looking for any info on day tours, especially Bavaro.

Hi Jan, hope we can find some good ideas from those going soon.

Me too! I know that I am going to probably go to the dreams resort with some from the group, but I need a land tour as well for the rest of the group. :)

Archived