2009 brochure- when out? and Carnival Liberty feedback

M62Man

Can any one help with info on when P+O 2009 brochures/availability due out? Need to get in early re 4 berth availability.

Also have noticed that Carnival Liberty sailing out of Dover next year to northern europe - any P+O cruisers any experience of this ship ( have some concerns as prefer P+O to RCC and suspect Carnival may be even more "relaxed").

Also do you get any sun in Aug in St Petersburg or is it like UK?

Thanks for your help.

"Also do you get any sun in Aug in St Petersburg or is it like UK?"

I was in St P a few years ago around 12th August and we had sunshine, blue skies and some showers in the 4 days we were there. A bit like the UK, you were feeling cold one minute and then the next sweating with the sun beating down on you and desperate for a cool drink.

Wear layers!

I think the brochures come out in April.

Caryl

Hi! I was on CCL Liberty June 2006. Carnival Ships are on show on the Freeview channel 11 quite regularly & are quite wacky in decor with use of constantly changing coloured lighting a major feature. Food was of a very good standard at the time & the specialty restaurants were exceptional.

Entertainment was good to very good. I'm not sure what you mean by 'relaxed' but if you mean Dress Code then yes there is an issue there as no attempt was made by staff to rebuff the non conformists. I have enjoyed many P&O cruises over the years but I also enjoy cruising other lines & try not to make direct comparisons. So overall, a good ship, & a good cruise experience was had by all, in our party of long time cruisers.

Thanks Wilba - I agree best not to make direct comparisons, just wanting to get an idea re the "difference" so know what to expect.

Went on RCC Legend 3 yrs ago and wasn't prepared so didn't enjoy as much as perhaps should have.

Also went on Princess 2 yrs ago and although not really expecting much as Northern capitals, but really enjoyed it and thought it a very good standard of Food and entertainment and a nice mix of people ( although a few nouveau riche baltic cousins liked to dominate certain areas).

Oriana last year and apart from the food, weather and ports not our cup of tea - has a very defined traditional customer base and very mature!!!!( never seen people putting out their towels to reserve loungers/seats in the shade before!!) Also the entertainment was absolutely dreadful - star turn of "Bobby Crush" - and the theatre was packed out - says it all.

Thanks for your feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived