Cairo Tour Guide Recommendations from Tripadvisor Forum

Susan-M

In my search for a guide for our day in Egypt, I found this recently published list on Tripadvisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294201-c85398/Cairo:Egypt:Tourist.Guides.Recommendations..html

I was hoping to check here for feedback on a couple of these guides (#2 in particular, as we will be docked in Alexandria) ... but using the "Search This Forum" function keeps responding with "Search is temporarily down", so I thought I would post this to see if anyone is familiar with Rasha and/or Egypt Daily Tours.

I have also noted a few recommendations here...Nile Blue, Memphis, deCastro.

Thanks.:)

This has been an issue on Tripadvisor for a few days, hopefully resolved soon. I looked at the Memphis Website and wonder if this is the company that the cruise line (Azamara) uses. The tours sound just like the ones from the cruise line. We did share a private guide two years ago in St. Petersburg with others from our cruise (rather than doing the ship's excursion) and that worked out very well. We'd be open to doing something like that again.

--Myra in AZ

Hi Myra,

Did you mean the issue on CC re the search function?

I received a reply from Rasha ... and based on the good reviews on Tripadvisor, decided to go ahead an book her. One thing she stressed was that she does not do the shopping stops that other guides do (the "commission" stops) .... she would rather give us the time at the sites. I think she charges slightly more because of this, but I feel it's well worth it. Prices for private tours in Egypt are extremely reasonable.

That sounds like exactly what we're looking for. Are you interested in sharing the tour? Don't feel obligated if you want a truly private tour, but if you're interested, just let us know.

--Leo and Myra in AZ

P.S. I'm looking at a private tour also in Antalya with Fez tours, if you'd be interested in sharing.

Hi Leo and Myra,

We are on the October 11th Ancient Empires cruise (I had originally booked June 7th, but unfortunately had to postpone it.)

I've been pleased with the communication that I've had with Rasha, so would encourage you to contact her for details if you are interested.

Archived