Fl East Coasters...is Everyone Ok???

CGAGE

[/b]How are all of our friends over on the East coast??? My in-laws are here from Stuart...thank God! They just spoke with their friends in their neighborhood off of US 1 and they've been without power now for about 2-2 1/2 hours. :(

We're really breezy here on the West coast just North of the Tampa Bay area. We're prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.

KeysDreamin...are you on tonight? I hope you and your family are safe!!! I cooresponded with you prior to Frances and you were a sweetie! I wish you and everyone on the East coast only the best!!!

Take care!

Carrie

Carrie, it has been a very looonnnggg night. You are truly blessed to have your parents there with you, as Jeanne made landfall at the south end of Hutchson Island or due east of Stuart. I live in Boca Raton, south end of West Palm Beach County. I really don't want to go through another night like this and we got off light compared to the rest of the state. We had steady winds of over 80mph with gust up to 100mph. Spent the night listening to the radio and checking the computer. We lost our cable at 9PM, but we still have power. I haven't slept a wink all night and just absolutely exhausted. Please forgive typos & if I don't make sense. It's still dark here, and we are still getting strong gusts of wind & rain predicited to go through mid-afternoon. Eye of Frances or what's left of her is over Sebring. Storm goes from coast to coast we're pretty much out of stuff now but more bands(lighter to come in). Stuart has just cleared the really bad stuff and now just lighter bands of wind & rain. Martin county was hit really hard as were St. Lucie, & Indian River, Brevard, Osceloa, & Voluisa. I have a sister who lives in Brevard--Palm Bay--just talked with her for the fourth time and they are still in the heavy(bad)part of the storm. She's sitting in her bathroom with my 80 year old mother in her recliner in the hallway, only "safe"areas of her house. DD#1 is in Orlando, haven't talked with her since last night. Will call her later this am. I'm going to go back to the couch and try to sleep. If you need further information, feel free to ask away, I'll try to help. I' m about an hour south, so I can't give you first hand info. but I will tell you what they are saying. I do know that most of the county was without power, and there was a lot of flooding.

Linda

God bless all you Floridians. What a season. I'll be praying for everyone to come through this safely. Hopefully this will be the last hurricane for a while that you will have to go through. Heads up and know we all wish the best for you all!

Orlando checking in...Lots of rain and wind, BUT I STILL HAVE POWER!!!! And that is a great thing. Just made some french toast and will settle into a movie with DH. Hopefully our bout will be coming to a close this afternoon. Hope everyone else is fairing well.

osceola county checking in, Osceola is demolished, especially southern part of county. as for my house, spoke with my wife who advised that we had a tree fall on the house, but is is leaning only, no damage. never lost power, phones or cable. I went to work last night at 6pm and hopefully will be able to go home in the morning.

Richie

Archived