Costa Maya Ruins Excursion ??

Susie

Has anyone done the Kohunlich and Dzibanché all day ruins excursion? I recall seeing info about this all day trip before but I believe it was on the old board and can't find it now. It looks like it would be interesting but my husband is reluctant to go because it is an 8 hour excursion. Someone responded that the Chacchoben site only has one structure and these other two have a lot more. I guess my question is - is it worth the all day trip?

Many thanks for any insight. These boards have been so helpful over the years. I don't know how anyone planned their cruise before the internet!

Were heading to Costa Maya in July 05, planning on doing the "C" ruins. Although it is smaller, it is a shorter tour, 4-5 hours. We'll have our 3 kids with us, and doing an 8 hour tour with a 12,9,9yo wouldn't work. DH & I would love to do a longer ruins tour, one with multiple buildings and sites, but this trip we won't be able to. I do want the kids to experience the ruins, I think they will be interested, but it's the long bus rides that are detering me from booking them.

We had a great tour to Chachocben (sp) with a tour group booked thru the ship--our guide was excellent. the trip over took about 1 hour or so. The ruins are very worth it. Can't imagine the trip without a helpful guide though.

Archived