Concierge lounges on Vision & Sovereign class

I tried to do a search, but the function is down.

I recently read on some thread on here that by next year ALL ships would have a CL. Where can I verify that? Did the info come from RCCL or is it just a rumor?

We need to change our Feb 2009 cruise and since we will have to fly somewhere instead of drive, we would like a ship with a CL--to help keep the cost down:p .

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

I can't see the Sovereign class getting them since they are in the process of shipping them out of the fleet.

Of the Vision class, Enchantment, Splendour, and Legend already have one. The rumor is that Rhapsody, Vision, and Granduer are supposed to get one eventually but it is just a rumor at this point, so I would not book relying on the fact that they will get one. Heck, if you call RCCL they don't even know Splendour and Legend have a concierge lounge.

I tried to do a search, but the function is down.

I recently read on some thread on here that by next year ALL ships would have a CL. Where can I verify that? Did the info come from RCCL or is it just a rumor?

We need to change our Feb 2009 cruise and since we will have to fly somewhere instead of drive, we would like a ship with a CL--to help keep the cost down:p .

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Well, now...........since you have to change your February cruise.......may I suggest the April 26, 2009 Member's cruise on board Radiance of the Seas. It has a wonderful CL, a fantastic Concierge and the overflow lounge in the Hollywood Odyessy has views to die for.:D:D

The cruise starts in Valparaiso and ends in San Diego. It's 15 days with some great ports. Oh yes, prices are really good right now.:p :p

I can't see the Sovereign class getting them since they are in the process of shipping them out of the fleet.

Of the Vision class, Enchantment, Splendour, and Legend already have one. The rumor is that Rhapsody, Vision, and Granduer are supposed to get one eventually but it is just a rumor at this point, so I would not book relying on the fact that they will get one. Heck, if you call RCCL they don't even know Splendour and Legend have a concierge lounge.

How true, thanks Wrona

Well, now...........since you have to change your February cruise.......may I suggest the April 26, 2009 Member's cruise on board Radiance of the Seas. It has a wonderful CL, a fantastic Concierge and the overflow lounge in the Hollywood Odyessy has views to die for.:D:D

The cruise starts in Valparaiso and ends in San Diego. It's 15 days with some great ports. Oh yes, prices are really good right now.:p :p

hi Patty--good thought, but the price, as good as it is, is kind of out of our range--but you made me look!!!!

We were told on our Feb sailing of the Splendour, BY THE CAPTAIN himself, at a D+ party, that all Vision Class would have CL's by the end of this year.:D

I am hoping that is true. Vision class is my favorite class ship. They could easily change the EMPTY Card room i nto a CL, just like Splendour did. It is beautiful with the windows. Imagine my surprise when I went from that as my only CL experience to the Voyager's CL--YUCK. small, dark, no windows....we didn't stay inthere at all as there were so many D/D+ that we took over a big lounge on 5.

Thanks everyone

Oh believe me, I've got fingers and toes crossed and have sent up multiple pleas that Rhapsody will have one by the time I sail her again in May, but I'm not holding my breathe since I haven't seen any mention of it on the reviews from Asia.

Oh believe me, I've got fingers and toes crossed and have sent up multiple pleas that Rhapsody will have one by the time I sail her again in May, but I'm not holding my breathe since I haven't seen any mention of it on the reviews from Asia.

actually they were talking about doing it when we were on her last April & said that they decided to wait and keep the card room for the Asians.

Just looked at changing our Feb 09 to the Rhapsody May 23. Not sure tho.Guess they will still have alot of the oriental crew from the Asia itinerary. I miss Rhapsody so much. Wish RCCL would bring back a smaller ship to Galveston!!!!! PLEASE RCCL!!!

Do you mean May 23rd of this year? If so, we'd love to have you!!:D

possibly. we want to do ALaska again & love the Rhapsody, just not sure it will work out for all of us--probably won't , but one can hope, right?

I am hoping that is true. Vision class is my favorite class ship. They could easily change the EMPTY Card room i nto a CL, just like Splendour did. It is beautiful with the windows. Imagine my surprise when I went from that as my only CL experience to the Voyager's CL--YUCK. small, dark, no windows....we didn't stay inthere at all as there were so many D/D+ that we took over a big lounge on 5.

Thanks everyone

The CL on the Splendour is being moved...it may be underway right now, I'm not certain of the timetable other than "imminent" from the Captain. The Card Lounge CL will be closed and the new Lounge will be in the Crown & Anchor area on Deck 8. Supposedly there is adequate plumbing available at that location to support the CAPPUCCINO MACHINE!!!!! Patty, be sure to let us know the details when you're aboard later this month!!! Please?????

I agree that the Radiance Class and the Vision Class will end up with the best of the CL's because of their exterior locations and views!!:) :)

The CL on the Splendour is being moved...it may be underway right now, I'm not certain of the timetable other than "imminent" from the Captain. The Card Lounge CL will be closed and the new Lounge will be in the Crown & Anchor area on Deck 8. Supposedly there is adequate plumbing available at that location to support the CAPPUCCINO MACHINE!!!!! Patty, be sure to let us know the details when you're aboard later this month!!! Please?????

I agree that the Radiance Class and the Vision Class will end up with the best of the CL's because of their exterior locations and views!!:) :)

Really.....they are moving it.............and on Deck 8? That's fantastic..........closer to our cabin. I will definitely let you all know when we get back.

Eileen...........I guess from looking at your signature that you and Jim won't be doing the March 22 cruise with us. :( I had you on our roll call..............but I did remove you since I see that you just did the Member's Cruise on Feb. 10.

I don't remember you posting that you had changed sailing dates. Hope you had a great time and sorry we won't be sailing together.

There's a fun little group of us that will be onboard.

well, things change--haha--we aren't doing Alaska. Looking at going in Feb/Mar out of San Juan on either the Adventure or the Serenade. just have to decide which itinerary AND most of all if we can get an AFT JS on either of them.

I LOVE your name--seahags!!!!!

We were just on Splendour for the Carnaval cruise on 2/2/08 and the CL in the card room was great. I have the e mail for the concierge and I plan to ask about them relocating to Deck 8. One of our companions in the CL was a super D+ member with 200+ cruise credits. He indicated that the remaining 3 Vision class ships would have CL's by the end of 2008. That was well informed heresay based on his connections. I'll keep my fingers crossed but will believe it when I see it.

We were told by the hotel director on our Splendour cruise in January 2007 that the concierge lounge would eventually move from it's current location of the card room to the loyalty ambassadors area. This was so it would be closer to the suites. I posted this information at that time. No surprise here. Sovereign Class will never get concierge lounges since they will all be out of the fleet within two years.

Archived