Lucerne to Amsterdam help...

Seabee

please. I am staying pre-cruise in Lucerne and have to get to Amsterdam. I can fly out of Zurich or Basel. Which airport is easier to get to from Lucerne?

Also, Easy Jet flies out of Zurich. Are they reliable...they only have one flight so if it gets screwed up I am too. Even though Britsh Air is not a cheap, it offers more options if there is a problem.

thanks for any advice.

please. I am staying pre-cruise in Lucerne and have to get to Amsterdam. I can fly out of Zurich or Basel. Which airport is easier to get to from Lucerne?

Also, Easy Jet flies out of Zurich. Are they reliable...they only have one flight so if it gets screwed up I am too. Even though Britsh Air is not a cheap, it offers more options if there is a problem.

thanks for any advice.

PLEASE don't forget the intra Europe luggage allowance. 1 suitcase, 44 pounds.

If you have the time, take the train. About an 8 hour journey out of Zurich. Leave about 2:00PM from Zurich, arrive Amsterdam about 10:00PM. Not as cheap as the plane, but if you have more than one suitcase, it may be close.

PLEASE don't forget the intra Europe luggage allowance. 1 suitcase, 44 pounds.

If you have the time, take the train. About an 8 hour journey out of Zurich. Leave about 2:00PM from Zurich, arrive Amsterdam about 10:00PM. Not as cheap as the plane, but if you have more than one suitcase, it may be close.

Am excellent point.

Easyjet charges 6 euro per bag checked if pre-paid, else twice that.

Excess baggage (over 20 kg) is 9 euro/kg. That is 20 kg per passenger, not per bag.

I would take the EuroNite train -- you have to take a local train to Basel (I think that would be the best connection point)... but then, I like travel by train.

Paul

Archived