Voyager sailing March 9 off schedule

mrstay

My mother just called me from the ship to tell me that two hours after sailing on Sunday that they had a fire in the control room and lost some of the propulsion. They skipped Cozumel today to be able to make it to Roatan tomorrow, where the repairs will be made. They will then make Cozumel on Thursday, which would have been a sea day. They get all their original stops, just not in the correct order. I will update more if she calls.

Glad it should be fixed and all of the ports made. I assume nobody involved was injured. I guess that woud have made the new, although even without any injuries I am surprised that it did not make the news here, especially since they were just off the coast a bit.

Hope it is all fixed and the next cruise is less eventful.

Yikes! I hope everything gets repaired and the rest of the cruise is uneventful. Selfishly, I'm very concerned because I sail this Sunday on the Voyager!

It's not selfish! :D I know how you feel. LoL :p

Hopefully everyone was ok.

I was just talking to the IT guy about fire drills the other day. I'm going to have to tease him about it.

HMM....I wonder if thats why it was 40 minutes late leaving Sunday?

I sure hope all works out ......I better not tell my DH about this...he may back out of the same cruise next month...;)

I thought main dining was at 6:30...but on docs received today says 5:30... Wonder how hard that will be to make on port days

Yikes! I hope everything gets repaired and the rest of the cruise is uneventful. Selfishly, I'm very concerned because I sail this Sunday on the Voyager!

Cindy

Your fellow Krazy Kruiser is hoping (& will say a prayer) that you all get to cruise safely & on time.

JerseyJ

HMM....I wonder if thats why it was 40 minutes late leaving Sunday?

I sure hope all works out ......I better not tell my DH about this...he may back out of the same cruise next month...;)

I thought main dining was at 6:30...but on docs received today says 5:30... Wonder how hard that will be to make on port days

Nope, the delay was due to the new APIS system.

Dinner time was at 6, but to make the late dinner more appealing because so many people were forced to take it because the main seating is usually filled they pushed it back half an hour.

MRSTAY - any word from your mother yet? We have a group of people from our area (Lafayette, LA) that is sailing with the Hospice of Acadiana 25th Anniversary Tour. We haven't heard from them yet.

No word yet. I assume that they are in Cozumel today. I will post when I know anything.

Archived