Cozumel diving recommendations

photog4fun

Hi Chellie,

My sister Kathy and I had a wonderful scuba trip with your company on Sept. 15th. Thanks for making our dive so wonderful. Your staff is terrific! Suzanne

Posted on the Cruisecritic.com diving message boards. Thought you might like to read what others have said about your company:

We had a wonderful time scuba diving with Eagle Ray divers....well organized tour and friendly, attentive staff. Chellie is wonderful to correspond with via email. She accomodated our "changing ship times" (hurricane Ivan) in port. I'd highly recommend her company. We paid $82 for a 2 tank dive plus $12 total RT for taxi fare to their boat. We didn't save any money by booking locally but feel that the quality of the tour company far exceeded the usual "cattle call" group excursions of the ship. There were 6 of us divers with 2 dive masters....wonderful ! They run a top-notch company. Suzanne

Second that compliment for ERD, Chellie of ERD adjusted their a.m. start time for my dive to accomodate our cruise ship arrival time in early December...Always timely & chipper responses by email...can't wait to dive with ERD...Have a safe & fun Dive.

Hi all, you will enjoy your dive experience with ERD, Antonio and Chellie are the best, and they have a great crew. Never in a hurry, always patient with new divers, and fun folks to hang with. Plus, they only dive uncrowded reefs, it's awesome being one of 3 or 4 divers on the reef. Highly recommended by this very happy diver, and consider them to be more like extended family than dive operators. Be safe and enjoy your trip. John

You can't go wrong with Eagle Ray!!! We've dove with them twice and the first time there was only 5 divers on the boat, and the second, only 4!!! That's unheard of in most places. They are very personable, and really care about their clients. We will not dive with anyone but them when we are in Coz. We'll be there in Feb. on the Miracle. Tell Chelllie that Bob from the Cruise Fools is looking forward to seeing her again!!!

Have a great time!!! Capt. Bob

Dove twice in Cozumel. Last time I dove with Eagle Ray Divers (http://www.EagleRayDivers.com) and highly recommend them. They worked with us cruisers (late arrival) and gave my son a wonderful first blue water diving experience. Very professional divemaster and boat master. We felt very comfortable with both and we are looking forward to returning. Small dive groups (our groups were around 8 divers)

If you choose Cozumel, I HIGHLY recommend going with Eagle Ray Divers. Chellie is fantastic and went above and beyond for our group when we were there in May. We did 3 dives (2 afternoon and 1 night) and still had time for beers at Carlos 'n Charlies. The dives were fantastic and the crew was awesome!

We just returned from a Summit cruise that took us through Cozumel. I had booked a boat dive through Eagle Ray Divers. They were simply the best. They were very easy to deal with both via Email and in person. I booked the boat for my wife and I along with another couple. the other guy and I are divers and the women are snorkels. I had emailed chellie (pronounced Shelly) at eagle ray to find out how they would work that arrangement. No problem, they would have a dive master for the two divers and another for the snorkels. She sent conformation of my dates as well as thorough instruction on payment and directions to the marina, which was only five minutes from the pier. When we arrived at the boat chellie and the crew, two DMs and a skipper met us. She asked how much time we wanted to spend on the two dives. She wanted to know if we wanted to be back in time for any shopping. We were not interested in shopping since we’d been to Coz many times. They brought us to a section of the reef about 45 minutes out. The girls jumped off at the top of the reef and my buddy, me, and Arturo; our DM went in on the wall. That section drops off to the abyss so we agreed on a profile that would max out at 85' and ascend in predetermined increments.

It was a totally beautiful set of dives; the highlights being the many enormous swim-thoroughs and caverns in the side of the reef. Huge cavernous holes with breaches in the ceilings that allowed lots of filtered light to pour through. Inside the holes there was no current but outside along the wall we never had to fin unless it was to stop. Arturo was perfect in that he was very knowledgeable of the reef and fish, yet he let me and my buddy have our complete freedom. I like that part. The girls had a similar good experience with there DM as well. We'd use Eagle Ray again in a minute. You can find them at there web site or just email Chellie at chellie@eagleraydivers.com .

Just to add to something the previous poster mentioned...there will be no language difficulties at all with Eagle Ray. Chellie is from the US, and everyone we were exposed to on the crew (except the boat captain?) spoke perfect English.

We have dived Cozumel twice from a cruise ship and have used Eagle Ray both times. Candidly, I would not use anyone else, ever. They were terrific on all 6 dives that we took with them. The area is phenominal, and if you only dive one port on your cruise, you HAVE to dive Cozumel (unless you are near Roatan...and then dive them BOTH). LOL Even though we were repeat customers, Eagle Ray asked us about what we wanted to do for profiles, made recommendations based upon how they though to maximize our experience and offered several options for dives. They asked us (both times) a great deal about our level of experience and comfort with different aspects. THe first time, we were newbies, pretty much. They took things nice and slow and our DM--Bernardo--was terrific at giving us tips on buoyancy control and controlled breathing. We went over the dive prep in great detail and he made sure were 100% comfortable before hitting the water. We ended up dumping about 6 pounds of weight each from our BC by the 3rd dive! We definately benefited greatly from this experience from a long term perspective.

The second time we went with them (just a month ago) we had a terrific time and decided to do a night dive. It was really interesting. Tons of different life in the current environment.

They are extremely safety and ecologically conscious, by the way. No worries on that regard, whatsoever, as far as I was concerned. We are planning on going on a dive trip after our honeymoon...and we are going to Cozumel and we will be diving with Eagle Ray. I think we are going to try to get some classes in as well. They are just that darn good!

IT'S ALWAYS NICE TO HEAR COMPLIMENTS..... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, CHELLIE! Your company is top-notch.

Suzanne from San Diego

Archived