Seabourn late offers available

seapenarth

In today`s British papers. May 12 London Tower Pier to Copenhagen. 14 day cruise. 7 cancelled suites (catagory A) on offer for £1995. Includes airfare from Copenhagen to London on return. :cool:

I had been signed up on that cruise, but cancelled a while ago. I could be tempted, but have tacked on a stay in London and Germany after my next cruise.

I had been signed up on that cruise, but cancelled a while ago. I could be tempted, but have tacked on a stay in London and Germany after my next cruise.

Shame it`s such great value especially sailing out under Tower bridge past the awesome tower (+ ravens) :cool:

Shame it`s such great value especially sailing out under Tower bridge past the awesome tower (+ ravens) :cool:

You are right, it's awesome, but I never saw the ravens. Perhaps it's because they have their wings clipped?

You are right, it's awesome, but I never saw the ravens. Perhaps it's because they have their wings clipped?

You have to go into the Tower to see them. Their wings are clipped and because of that they can`t produce offspring. Ravens only mate in flight so it`s not just their wings that are clipped. :( :o

Well, you learn something new every day. Knew about the clipping, but not about their mating habits. I especially like to visit the jewels in the Tower. I go back and forth on that automated walkway, figure that the guards get suspicious as if I am casing the joint. Years ago, I went in the evening to the 'Ceremony of the Keys'. That was nifty; I rather like rites of historical continuity.

Well, you learn something new every day. Knew about the clipping, but not about their mating habits. I especially like to visit the jewels in the Tower. I go back and forth on that automated walkway, figure that the guards get suspicious as if I am casing the joint. Years ago, I went in the evening to the 'Ceremony of the Keys'. That was nifty; I rather like rites of historical continuity.

The only way to keep the numbers up ( although Ravens are long living birds ) is to introduce a new one to settle in every few years. It`s hard because the old hands are`nt happy with newcomers. :(

Archived