Pearl AC Penthouse

crimmper

My DW & I will be staying in #10500

The DW would like to see pics of the room. I tried searching on webshots but came up empty. Any other suggestions ?????

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Heres all I have,

Stateroom 9002 below (Category AC):

stateroom9003d.jpg

stateroom9003e.jpg

stateroom9003c.jpg

stateroom9003b.jpg

stateroom9003.jpg

Here is an AC (# 9500) on the Jade ...

From the entry hall ...

9500Pan1.jpg

From the rear wall ...

9500Pan2.jpg

From behind the bed ...

9500Pan3.jpg

9500's balcony ...

IMG_3277.jpg

Your balcony will look a little different ...

IMG_3278.jpg

Bridge ...

IMG_3279.jpg

mpk218......For whatever reason, your pics do not appear. :(

Cuizer2...Excellent pics. Thank you . :D

Question....Being that the bridge is directly over the room, how much, if any, noise can be expected.

Question....This will be our first cruise having a butler & concierge. I know the concierge handles reservations & stuff like that but how do we utilize the butler :confused:

Last question..... My DW turns 50 while we are on board (day at sea). I am trying to think of something special to do. I was thinking of Cagneys for dinner. Two other couples are joining us on the cruise.

Any ideas???

Thanks again to all who reply and replied.

Cuizer2...Excellent pics. Thank you . :D

Question....Being that the bridge is directly over the room, how much, if any, noise can be expected.

Question....This will be our first cruise having a butler & concierge. I know the concierge handles reservations & stuff like that but how do we utilize the butler :confused:

Last question..... My DW turns 50 while we are on board (day at sea). I am trying to think of something special to do. I was thinking of Cagneys for dinner. Two other couples are joining us on the cruise.

Any ideas???

Thanks again to all who reply and replied.

Noise from the bridge? They are either sitting and working or standing and working. Sometimes they walk around. You will not even know they are there.

The butler gets things for you. (S)he brings goodies every afternoon, (s)he will bring a DVD if you ask for it, (s)he will take care of your laundry if you have any.

I didn't use my butler much, but basically (s)he is there to get things for you.

Cagney's is good. Or you could arrange a special spa treatment.

We will be in stateroom #10500. I believe it is the same set-up as #10000
Yes, 10,000 and 10,500 are mirror images of each other. However, there is less balcony overhang, which means less protection from the sun while on the balcony. The overhang on the deck nine AC balconies is about six feet, which still leaves about 12 feet of open space in case you want to sun yourself.

Yes, 10,000 and 10,500 are mirror images of each other. However, there is less balcony overhang, which means less protection from the sun while on the balcony. The overhang on the deck nine AC balconies is about six feet, which still leaves about 12 feet of open space in case you want to sun yourself.

This will be our first cruise to Alaska. My question is, is there a possibility of getting a sunburn if sunblock is not used. You have to pardon my ignorance, but the DW & I usually travel to the sun soaked Caribbean in the summer. Don't get me wrong,you should always apply some sort of sunblock when out in the sun, but I just figured,well, its Alaska, how strong can the sun be? I mean, we won't need SPF 45 or will we

Never mind, I just googled Alaska and sunburn and answered my own question.

Ya gotta love the google.

Thanks for the info. regarding the balcony.

The butler is awesome....you can order food from any of the restaurants and the butler will serve it in your room....a great way to avoid the masses.....he will bring you a menu from the restaurant too! He will also bring you ice, oj, cookies for a snack, anything you want! Don't forget to tip them extra as they are not included in the standard gratuity. Concierge is really a waste....you can call direct and make all of your own reservations yourself.

This will be our first cruise to Alaska. My question is, is there a possibility of getting a sunburn if sunblock is not used. You have to pardon my ignorance, but the DW & I usually travel to the sun soaked Caribbean in the summer. Don't get me wrong,you should always apply some sort of sunblock when out in the sun, but I just figured,well, its Alaska, how strong can the sun be? I mean, we won't need SPF 45 or will we

Never mind, I just googled Alaska and sunburn and answered my own question.

Ya gotta love the google.

Thanks for the info. regarding the balcony.

Actually in Alaska I would still go for the balcony with the large overhang since it rains in Alaska. With the larger overhang you can still enjoy your balcony.

The butler is awesome....you can order food from any of the restaurants and the butler will serve it in your room....a great way to avoid the masses.....he will bring you a menu from the restaurant too! He will also bring you ice, oj, cookies for a snack, anything you want! Don't forget to tip them extra as they are not included in the standard gratuity. Concierge is really a waste....you can call direct and make all of your own reservations yourself.

Thanks for the info. Skighee

Actually in Alaska I would still go for the balcony with the large overhang since it rains in Alaska. With the larger overhang you can still enjoy your balcony.

Actually, I have already made arrangements for it not to rain while we are in Alaska. LOL :D

I have 10000 booked for Jan 09, so I have time to do changes. While I don't want to get burnt to a crisp, it look on the deck plans that the AC balconies on deck 9 are smaller than 10, but the suites larger. Is this the case?

Also did you feel like you had no privacy from the bridge above?:eek:

Thanks in advance, these posts have been so helpful.

I have 10000 booked for Jan 09, so I have time to do changes. While I don't want to get burnt to a crisp, it look on the deck plans that the AC balconies on deck 9 are smaller than 10, but the suites larger. Is this the case?

Also did you feel like you had no privacy from the bridge above?

Thanks in advance, these posts have been so helpful.

Here is another picture of the front of the Jade ...

IMG_4703.jpg

And the Star (same class of ship as the Pearl) ...

Star3-4-2-06.jpg

Wave1-4-2-06.jpg

It is my understanding that the central two AC cabins on deck ten (10,000 and 10,500) have a bay window that increases the interior space in the cabin, but decreases the size of the balcony.

Also, I do not believe the overhang on deck ten is as large as the overhang on deck nine. I could fit both lounge chairs under the overhang on my balcony (9500) as shown below ...

9500balconypan.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

Thus, if I wanted privacy from the bridge, I would just hang out under the overhang, which I estimated covered about six feet of the balcony (leaving about twelve feet exposed).

Once again, great pics Cuizer2.

From the photos, it looks like if one wanted to visit their neighbor ,all one would have to do is climb over the balcony wall :eek: . It looks pretty low towards the front of the balcony.

Thanks for the excellent pictures, so there is a bit of privacy. Works for me.

Strange though, some web-site say separate bedroom, but it doesn't look that way.

Thanks again, I like the glass windows, I hope we don't lose that much balcony, looks like two loungers will still fit.

I love the NCL AC and AD suites, such a good value. We did RCCL once and was very disappointed. In a similar suite, no refrigerator, tiny mini bar, that really didn't keep anything cool.

It had a real nice, island/bar thing. But no glasses. We had to keep swiping them, then room service would take them away, so then we hid them.

So, my DH will only go on NCL.

Once again, great pics Cuizer2.

From the photos, it looks like if one wanted to visit their neighbor ,all one would have to do is climb over the balcony wall :eek: . It looks pretty low towards the front of the balcony.

This is a family of five that I invited to join me on my balcony for the canal transit. As you can see, the divider between the balconies near the rail is very low ...

2491700030095309218S600x600Q85.jpg

However, the bridge is only 20 feet away, and there are at least two people on watch on the bridge at all times. So I would suggest not doing anything stupid, as you are sure to get caught.

The above picture is one of 198 from the canal crossing that I posted on Webshots. Here is the link to the entire album ...

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562720921fzjepy

I discuss the cabin in detail in my review. However, my comments about the cabin are located in many different places and the review is fairly long (like about 28 type written pages). If you want to read it, here is a link ...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=38933

However, the bridge is only 20 feet away, and there are at least two people on watch on the bridge at all times. So I would suggest not doing anything stupid, as you are sure to get caught.

30 years ago maybe. I was just commenting on an observation. I would probably pull a muscle if I tried it. :D

In my signature below is a link to my webshots. One album is of #10500 on the Jewel which is the same as the Pearl with the exception of colors.

PE

Great photos. Thanks

Archived