Cruise Directors Survey

BIG DADDY ONE

[quote]We were a group of 23 on the Spirit on November 9, 2004, and really loved Todd Wittmer. He was just a bundle of energy and was truly a pleasure to be around. He was just about everywhere on the ship at all times. And yet without being intrusive or annoying. Very personable and as others have said, really enjoys his work. My best comparison of Todd is American Idol's Ryan Seacrest with less femininity - just incredibly witty and naturally humorous! :D

To top things off, the one thing I remember was during debarkation, as he was at the exit door saying "goodbye" to each and every passenger as we left the ship. Never experienced that before, and it was a genuine and sincere treat.

If you ever get a chance to sail with Todd, I would highly recommend it![/quote]

We just got off the Conquest with Todd, and I'd reiterate what others have said. He was very pleasant and energetic. I was very impressed that he seemed to remember things about passengers from the day before, such as what they had drank in what bar with him last night.

He's fairly young, I'd say about 28 or so? And my wife thought he was cute. He does seem to love his job and loves interacting with guests. I also saw him sing at least three times, so he really gets into the entertainment aspect. He's naturally funny and witty. Although I would recommend that he not do his little dance shimmy shakes.

Some of his jokes might be canned, but others clearly were not. Especially the ones during the talent show. Also, during the debarkation talk, he was talking about drugs and law enforcement. Some girl near the front rows got up to go to the bathroom, and he cracked a joke about how she was going to get rid of all her stash. Funny, but probably not to her.

At times he does come across as a salesman, and I didn't believe some of his stories (especially the one about the lady on the toilet and the baseball cap), but overall, he made for "a VERY GOOD MORNING" as he reminded us of the day's events.

My wife and I have been on three cruises . On our last cruise was Chris Jefferson on the Triumph (4/9/05). He's the best one we've had to date. Very funny, out going, personable and great person. Didn't see him out and about too much but when i did, he was eager to talk and "hang out". The cruise before that one was on the Miracle (3/6/2004) and the CD was Mark Hawkins (sp?). We found him to be very bland, had a "fake" personality and wasn't really that friendly. Our very first cruise was (1/11/2003) on the Imagination and the CD was Marcell (not sure about his last name). He was very friendly and had a great personality. Never saw him out and about other than the normal events. However, he was the only CD that I've seen that was at Embarkation the very first day. He was there greeting everybody as they got on the ship which i thought was very good.

As far as social hosts go, Wee Jimmy was really funny and a great person to talk with. He was easily approachable and i can see him being a CD very soon. During one of the shows, Chris asked everyone how they thought Wee Jimmy would be as a CD so i think it may be happening soon. On the Miracle, Big Tex and Karl with a K were both great and always around the ship talking with everyone and joking around. On the Imagination, i don't remember any social hosts :)

Our cruise director on the Pride Dec 2003 was Malcolm Burns is he still with Carnival ? We enjoyed his humour almost as good as Ken Rush with RCI. We will be on the Legend December 27th any idea who our cruise director will be?

Absolutely loved Dana Hodson. I think he's on Victory now, and since he's been mentioned by a couple of people who've cruised on her recently, I guess he's still good.

Since I can't remember the other two, I guess they weren't very good!

I was hoping Simon's name would show up on this thread. He was the CD on the Tropicale in '99. He is a featured CD on one of the Travel Channel's cruise shows, I think on the Elation? Anyone heard where he is now? He is absolutely histerical and his accent addicting. Only CD to date that is memorable. Who is the current CD on the Triumph?

[quote name='Tenbyman']Our cruise director on the Pride Dec 2003 was Malcolm Burns is he still with Carnival ? We enjoyed his humour almost as good as [b]Ken Rush[/b] with RCI. We will be on the Legend December 27th any idea who our cruise director will be?[/QUOTE]

Speaking of [B]Ken Rush[/B] of RCI, he's about the best of the best IMHO - we were on the Voyager of the Seas in June of 2000 and to this day, I haven't forgotten his name or face. In fact, I think he should be in Hollywood instead of the Caribbean! :rolleyes:

[quote name='JustinAllen']Chris Jefferson on the Triumph (4/9/05). He's the best one we've had to date. Very funny, out going, personable and great person. Didn't see him out and about too much but when i did, he was eager to talk and "hang out". As far as social hosts go, Wee Jimmy was really funny and a great person to talk with. He was easily approachable and i can see him being a CD very soon. During one of the shows, Chris asked everyone how they thought Wee Jimmy would be as a CD so i think it may be happening soon. :)[/QUOTE]

I can't remember the CD on the Imagination (6/03) but DW & myself were on the same Triumph cruise (4/9) & thought Chris Jefferson did a great job... Loved his accent... Wee Jimmy was funny as heck!!! He'd make a great CD.... :D

We were on the Conquest April 2004 and had Stuart Little and Simon (cant remember his last name....) and they were fantastic! We just loved them and were always laughing...

Just off the Elation the week of 4/3/05 and Jorge was our CD....did not care for him ONE bit. He was not funny and his "fat guy" jokes got old really fast!! I think that maybe he was getting ready to leave that ship though?

I think the CD can really make or break your cruise...I mean after all you have to hear them alot!!

Many others have mentioned him, and I've even mentioned him in other threads: John Heald is a Carnival fixture. Hilarious, if you like the British kind of humor. Steve Cassel slowly grew on me as the week passed. The first night out, I wasn't expecting much from him! He's definitely a little corny and reminded me more of a camp counselor than a CD, but endearing in his own way, and one heck of a juggler. Troy Linton was enthusiastic but didn't strike me as being very personable, and he gave the [b]longest intercom announcements[/b] I've ever heard. No need to read [i]Capers[/i] today, gang...just open your cabin door around noon, and Troy will read it to you.

Archived