Best time of year to cruise the Holy Land

cruisingfreak

I'm ready to book this cruise for 2009 on Princess.

Just wondering if it makes a difference whether we go in June or end of August, or does it really matter as it's just as hot in either month?

Airfares & hotels seem to be a little cheaper in August than June, so I have to take that into consideration.

Minette

Unless you can't go at any time other than the summer, I would sure go later in the Fall, at least October. It is extremely hot in that area in the summer and makes touring a real chore. We went to Egypt in the middle of September and it was still HOT! But is heat doesn't bother you, I would try June over August as the heat is still building in June.

Unless you can't go at any time other than the summer, I would sure go later in the Fall, at least October. It is extremely hot in that area in the summer and makes touring a real chore. We went to Egypt in the middle of September and it was still HOT! But is heat doesn't bother you, I would try June over August as the heat is still building in June.

Thanks for the reply.

I booked the Royal Princess Holy Land cruise today, & we're going in June. Hopefully it won't be too hot for us, at that time of the year.

Minette

We are booked for June this year...although will probably need to reschedule to next year because of health issues with my mom (who is joining us for the cruise). Would have preferred spring (I have been to Israel in March, and it was perfect touring weather with no crowds, and the northern part of the country was green and lush and covered with flowers...really stunning), but summer is the only time of year we can take extended vacations now. We will probably rebook to June of 09 if we can't cruise this year.

We are booked for June this year...although will probably need to reschedule to next year because of health issues with my mom (who is joining us for the cruise). Would have preferred spring (I have been to Israel in March, and it was perfect touring weather with no crowds, and the northern part of the country was green and lush and covered with flowers...really stunning), but summer is the only time of year we can take extended vacations now. We will probably rebook to June of 09 if we can't cruise this year.

Sorry to hear of the health issues with your Mom, & that you might need to reschedule the trip.

What cruiseline are you booked with?

Minette

Archived