Tipping for Children

pepelapew

Our family of 4 adults and 3 children 10,8, & 4 will be sharing a family suite. This is the first time for the children to cruise with us. I am not sure on this so please help me out.

Do we tip our State room attendent the $5.75 per day for each one of the children? What about the Dining Room Attendent, Asst. Waiter & Headwaiter?

I am positive the parents will be using the Adventure Ocean for the kids, so do you tip them also for their services? We just want to make sure we are saving enough towards all the tips. Thanks for your help.

If your children are really, really untidy and messy, tip extra!

We used to tip extra for our elderly parents as they were very messy and hard on everyone. My late MIL hated to tip so we did so behind her back. It was a huge issue!

What my MIL could do to a bathroom! I was so embarrassed. She didn't care!

My PVP at Carnival said that it's standard to tip the per day rate for children over the age of 3 (might have been 4).

Has anyone else been told the same? I'm leaving on Monday for our first cruise with a 2-year and a 5-year old.

I believe since "children" are really just 3/4/5th passengers in a room......technically they don't even have to be children....just 3rd and 4th passengers they are expected to pay regular tipping rates - I know that we always do.

I also always tip a daily rate for each child to the children's program at the end of the cruise. Those counselors are some of the hardest working people on the ship and deserve my tip. At $5-7 per day (which would be a single hour of childcare at home) - I feel it's a tremendous bargain.

Judy

In my experience, when I cruised with my twin 2 year olds on Carnival, I tipped at the full rate for each of them, as they created more work - not less - for the room steward and dining staff (both in the buffet and dining rooms), as well as all the people behind the scenes who also share in the tips.

Best,

Mia

Archived