Wee Jimmy

TheDMan

I saw on another thread that some people have pretty strong opinions about CD Wee Jimmy. It looks like he is going to be the CD on my upcoming Conquest cruise. I would never let a CD make or break my cruise, but I'm curious about him. Can anyone tell me why he is obnoxious or gets on your nerves? Why does he call himself Wee Jimmy?

TheDMan,

Wee Jimmy was the CD on our last cruise. I assume the 'Wee' part came about because he's short. He tends to say 'Wee' a lot and uses the name for several jokes.

I didn't preceive him to be obnoxious.

I observed him one evening watching the entertainers in the main atrium and he casually asked them several questions during a break and you could tell they didn't know who he was (they were new and it was their first cruise performing). He then casually talked with some fellow cruisers then left the area.

Later in the week I saw him speaking with several fellow cruisers out on the deck very casually.

He kept us well informed and provided an upbeat atmoshphere for the cruise.

When my DW and I went on the Glory in Sept07 he was the CD. IMO, he was better than most of the CD's that I have experienced... he has a Scottish accent, but not annoying. He was informative, entertaining (As far as CD's go) and approachable as we ate dinner next to him one night at the Red Sail Restaurant.

Wee Jimmy was the CD director for both of my last two sailings on Carnival Glory (Sept & Dec '07), and I though he did a fine job with what he did. Didn't find him to be a distraction at all. I have to say that his dialogue during the evening shows on the second sailing was word-for-word identical to the first.

Got to chat with him for a while during our unexpected stop in San Juan (due to late-season tropical storm), and I found him to be quite grounded. Nice guy with an interesting background of his path through CCL roles.

He was our CD for our Glory trip last March. I loved him. He was the ONLY CD that I found was approachable. He walked each day on the track and encouraged others to "Walk with WEE JIMMY". I did.

But he was out and about all day. To be honest, I am not sure when he rested. He was everywhere.

Ok - so he was short and corney - - - but had a great personality. He really wanted everyone to have a great vacation. Everyone must give him credit for that!!!!

Have a wonderful time.....

Julie

I just found his incessant announcements and weeeeeeeeee this and weeeee that to be annoying. I'm sad to here that he's moving to the Conquest, she's kind of my "home" ship and I don't really want to put up with him here at home.

It's not a make or break deal. I really don't see the CD as being a very intergral part of a cruise experience. Maybe years ago, when many people from the CD staff were out socializing with the guests, but now I feel like they are mostly a private club.

My 1st couple of cruises, we actually were invited to various port venue's with the MD and CD and staff, and someone from the ship was always on the ship shore excursions. I got up with a sore throat one morning and the MD brought warm tea/lemon/honey to my cabin when sister told him I was under the weather.

Maybe it is because I work retail and tend to tune out PA announcements, but I found him to be a great CD, kept the atmosphere very upbeat. He was also very visible, a bit corny yes, but better than most that I have experienced.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

MAC

Thanks everybody. I was just curious after reading about him in the other thread. It seems that most of the responses have been positive. And I watched the video and although he was a little corny, he wasn't too bad.

Could you elaborate a bit on that? Would you say we shouldn't let the kids hear him talk?

No, I meant the way he looks with his suit with the shirt sticking out of his pants and the buttons about to pop.

Fred

I didn't get as tired of him in the role as CD as I did seeing him canon ball into the pool every 15 minutes or so...on some loop constant commercial for the morning show thing.

His mother was cruising with him the week we went, I sat next to her during a shopping lecture thing, she was a very pleasant woman. I saw her several times after that and she and I would get lost in conversation, before we knew it he was paging her or having someone walk by and she would tell them, "Tell him Mum is doing just fine."

He and I spoke a few times as well, he's not near as "Wee Jimmy-ish" when you are talking to him one on one, he's actually a very nice guy...at least he was to us.

So, in the words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I've got to say about that.";)

He was on my Glory cruise.

People rave about him....I didn't get it. Didn't find him obnoxious....just didn't see what all the hoopla about him was.

We sailed with him on the Glory in January and he seemed like a nice guy, a bit over the top perhaps. I really don't see why folks really concern themselves with who the CD is anyways? I could care less as they have very little bering on my cruise experience other than sometimes being annoying with the salesman pitch. Just my opinion.

Wee Jimmy was CD on my first cruise which was on the Fasination in late 2005. I loved him! I thought he was very pleasant and funny. I loved his accent. In fact on my second cruise I was very disappointed because my CD was very bland, I don't even remember his name. But, I don't think I'll ever forget Weeeeeeeeee Jimmy. :)

does anyone remenber him as ralphie, he was c.d. assit. on one of our cruise's. he was so good with the people and we had a blast with him, have not seen him since so have no ideal what he is like, but i believe wee jimmy is ralphie anyone know????

Archived