Tour Guides Tipping

bulldog82

My family of five will be using Moby Dick for the stingray/snorkling tour. I assume it is standard to also tip the two guides who will be conducting the tour after its completion? I was thinking $20 for each guide on behalf of my whole family (in other words, a total tip of $40). Does this sound about right?

Thanks in advance.

That is entirely up to you. I usually tip $5 a person for a good tour guide and $10 a person for a great tour. Sometimes more if they are awesome. These guides are very appreciative of tips as they normally do not make a lot of money.

Do you have a link for tour guide Moby Dick ...I am looking for any reccomendations...my brother and his family are going with us for their first cruise and they have 2 kids 6 and 11 and want to make sure they have a fun time. We've been here but never found a private tours there is going to be 7 of us and thought would be nice if I could find a good one.

For a private tour try www.Caymansail.com We have booked with them for April. They are great to work with and offer both power and sail tours.

Saw your post and had to ask - did you use them for the 46' sailboat tour? We have that booked for next week and are really looking foward to it - but wondering if we need to be concerned about rough seas as we usually do catamarans and they tend to be a little more stable. Love to hear what you did with them; when it was and how it went!:)

We will not be doing the tour with CaymanSail until April 15th and will be on the powerboat.

My original post was just to let other cruisers know that our booking experience has been very professional throughout the process. Let us all know how the tour went.

Archived