Excellent Fortuna Cruise

maui34

I just returned from the March 2-9th sailing and what a great cruise it was.

We flew into Ft. Laud on Sun. Arrived at 11:45a and was on the ship eating poolside at 12:30p. Our cabin was ready at 1p. 7433 Aft facing Balcony.

The cabin was the same size as NCL, Carnival, and RCCL. I picked this cabin for the double size balcony also you don't get the salt spray from the waves.

I have always had a balcony cabin on all other cruises but this one the sound of the water was perfect at night with the door open.

After unpacking we explored the ship which was easy being on the Carnival Liberty 2 years ago and the floor plan is the almost the same.

We went to the spa on Deck 11 for a nice deep tissue massage and foot/ ankle massage, perfect way to start a vacation before sail away.

The ship did not leave Ft. Laud at 7p, but waited for some late arriving guests and departed at 10p. That was fine because I was tired and ready for so sleep by that time.

Day 2 At sea was the safety drill at 9:45a This is something that Costa did not enforce very well. Alot of Europeans were eating poolside and sunning after the final sounding to report to your muster station. So I went and was back aft poolside in 8 minutes to see the same people never moved.

I figured if there was a disaster I would let the figure it out for themselves then. LOL

The weather the entire week was beautiful. Plenty of sunshine and a balmy 84 degrees.

The nightly entertainment in the Rex theater was good, not the best but it's free. I wish they had the large movie screen outside above the pool like the Liberty has.

Cozumel- Had the ATV Jungle adventure booked. It was a blast! You do get really, really dusty,dirty and it's a rough ride. So if you can't be jolted around alot don't do it.

Grand Cayman- just walked around as we had been here the last 4 years and did the Kayak and snorkel last year. That was cool.

Ocho Rios- Did the horseback ride and horse ride in the ocean. Great, wish it lasted all day! Where else but Jamaica can you go and have Red Stripe beer in the morning and ride horses.

Grand Turk- Had the "Perfect Margarita" from Margaritaville and was feeling perfect after that. Nice Island, all new shops, clean. Just stumbled on the beach for awhile and enjoyed it all.

Food was good. Only ate in the dining room on Thursday, Made a reservation for the Tuscan Steakhouse for Friday night. Was just okay, dining room food was better. Buffets are the same as always except more Italian dishes, they were good. And never ending thin crust one topping pizza. I did get to try the pizza with corn on it. Not right!

I really enjoyed the multi cultures on this ship. Alot of friendly, smiling faces.

Alot of dancing, day and night. And of course the perm etched memories of all the European men in their Speedo's and women in their bikini's and hairy armpits. Gotta love it! Like I love to say "LIFE IS WAY TOO SHORT, HAVE FUN!

Never encountered a crew member that did not smile and greet you.

I hope all future cruisers on the Fortuna have a great time also.

Almost forgot TOGA NIGHT. FUN! About half wore toga's and the show was great. Will post photo's soon.

Thanks for your review! I am so glad you a great time!

We will be sailing in a few weeks and I can't wait, we are also staying in a aft cabin on deck 7. We chose it because of the larger balcony too! :cool:

Later!

Archived