Cabin crawl

gypsyrose

What is the best time to do a cabin crawl? Our roll call is thinking of doing this but not really sure when would be the best time. Since people have various dinner times, not really sure that nite time would be good. Have a 2nd meet and greet lined up for the 1st sea day. Thinking maybe 2nd sea day in the afternoon. What has been successful for you guys and how long does it take? Did you offer anything in the cabin such as a drink or munchie???? Thanks for any suggestions.

What is the best time to do a cabin crawl? Our roll call is thinking of doing this but not really sure when would be the best time. Since people have various dinner times, not really sure that nite time would be good. Have a 2nd meet and greet lined up for the 1st sea day. Thinking maybe 2nd sea day in the afternoon. What has been successful for you guys and how long does it take? Did you offer anything in the cabin such as a drink or munchie???? Thanks for any suggestions.

What is it????????:confused:

r u referring to cabin crawl like a bar crawl? I've never heard of this, and if thats what you're talking about, I dont see the point. I dont mean any offense, I just dont know why youd go from room to room when you could just go to a bar or the pool deck. If Im way off, forgive me.

I refered to it as a "cabin cruise". A bunch of us on our roll call met at a certain place on the ship at a designated time. Then, we made the rounds of our cabins so we could see the different catagory cabins. It was quite interesting. From insides all the way to suites. Fortunately, there was no snobbery whatsoever, being we "knew" each other from yapping it up on the roll call on a regular basis. Try it!:)

I refered to it as a "cabin cruise". A bunch of us on our roll call met at a certain place on the ship at a designated time. Then, we made the rounds of our cabins so we could see the different catagory cabins. It was quite interesting. From insides all the way to suites. Fortunately, there was no snobbery whatsoever, being we "knew" each other from yapping it up on the roll call on a regular basis. Try it!:)

Hummmmm, interesting......:p

ooohhh i guess i really didnt understand what it was.. so its a tour?

Cabin Crawl gave me visions of drunk passengers knocking on cabin doors and leaving.. dont know why but thats what i thought...

and how many other guests were disturbed by this?

I thought it may be similar to a bar crawl.. i was questioning it because i dont get the point either:confused:

I wouldn't imagine any other guests being disturbed by this, why would they? The point is that people can go from 1 cabin category to another to see the difference. I guess you would start w/ an inside, go to ocean view, then balcony, then 9a and hopefully someone on our roll call has a suite so we can see how the other half lives;) Just another way to get together, see the different categories and have a little fun while doing it. Surely someone here has done this and can give some pointers.....

I wouldn't imagine any other guests being disturbed by this, why would they? The point is that people can go from 1 cabin category to another to see the difference. I guess you would start w/ an inside, go to ocean view, then balcony, then 9a and hopefully someone on our roll call has a suite so we can see how the other half lives;) Just anothet way to get together, see the different categories and have a little fun while doing it. Surely someone here has done this and can give some pointers.....

No not at all, i misunderstood what it was.. i guess because of the word crawl.. Carry on, crawl and have a great cruise lol;)

the purpose is to have a chance to get to see all of the different categories of staterooms.

First requirement is a good roll call and a good group of CC'ers. We are going on the Freedom April 19th and have set up a cabin crawl that will be fun. You can make it as simple or as deluxe as you want. Pechez (my SO) set up to have everyone bring one gift per cabin from their home state not to exceed $5. Some rooms may have a toddy some may not and that is OK. We are starting at the bottom deck and ending up in a suite. This is only part of the people on the roll call but will be a fun time and last about 2 hours in the middle of the day on a sea day.

Think of doing something if you have a good roll call group, who knows you might meet someone that could be a best friend forever.

Al

We did this on our cruise in Jan. Had a blast. We started out with an inside cabin, saw an oceanview, then a reg. balcony, an aft balcony, a suite, and ended up at a 9a. It was so nice to see all the different types of rooms. Most of them had snacks and some had drinks. The first room they had lemonade and punch from the lido deck, then some had wine and the last one had champange. We met in afternoon, so there wasn't a lot of drinking. For snacks we had peanuts, pretzels, choc. candy, goldfish and choc. covered strawberries (my favorite).

We had it the afternoon of our first sea day.

We also did a poker run combined with the cabin crawl. Each person chipped in five bucks, and the person with the best hand got the pot.

It was a nice way to get to visit with everyone on the roll call, plus tour some of the rooms.

We had a great time on our cabin crawl.

We did a meet and greet at 1 pm the first sea day and then followed with the cabin crawl ending and we ended the crawl in our suite and the penthouse suite next door. It was great.

We met in the penthouse on the last sea day for a recap of everyone's trip.

We had a very active roll call group for that cruise and it made the trip even more fun being able to interact in person with those who chose to do the meet and greet and/or the crawl and later the recap.

I've been involved in a couple of them!:) The most recent started with probably 16 of us... Started on Deck 3 and worked our way up.. Inside, to OV, to BL and on and on.. Everyone had munchies and drinks on this one, but after we finished, we decided we could have done with a lot less booze!:rolleyes: We picked up more people along the way, and probably ended up with 30 people.. GREAT time! Somewhere we ended up with a Pink 'blowup' Flamingo that was sitting on someones divet..:eek:

We are thinking about doing one next month, but will probably be more family oriented, and we'll do a BYOB thing, and just 'check out the cabins'! Maybe do a Poker Run to make it interesting for those who like to gamble..:p

Give it a try! Great way to see all the different cabins, and make friends along the way..;)

the purpose is to have a chance to get to see all of the different categories of staterooms.

First requirement is a good roll call and a good group of CC'ers. We are going on the Freedom April 19th and have set up a cabin crawl that will be fun. You can make it as simple or as deluxe as you want. Pechez (my SO) set up to have everyone bring one gift per cabin from their home state not to exceed $5. Some rooms may have a toddy some may not and that is OK. We are starting at the bottom deck and ending up in a suite. This is only part of the people on the roll call but will be a fun time and last about 2 hours in the middle of the day on a sea day.

Think of doing something if you have a good roll call group, who knows you might meet someone that could be a best friend forever.

What will you do w/ the 1 gift from home??

We did this on our cruise in Jan. Had a blast. We started out with an inside cabin, saw an oceanview, then a reg. balcony, an aft balcony, a suite, and ended up at a 9a. It was so nice to see all the different types of rooms. Most of them had snacks and some had drinks. The first room they had lemonade and punch from the lido deck, then some had wine and the last one had champange. We met in afternoon, so there wasn't a lot of drinking. For snacks we had peanuts, pretzels, choc. candy, goldfish and choc. covered strawberries (my favorite).

We had it the afternoon of our first sea day.

We also did a poker run combined with the cabin crawl. Each person chipped in five bucks, and the person with the best hand got the pot.

It was a nice way to get to visit with everyone on the roll call, plus tour some of the rooms.

Poker run sounds like fun.

We are going to have a cabin crawl on our first sea day. Cabin crawl in 37 days:eek: . Everyone participating has been asked to bring a small gift from their home state, under $10. Some are planning on having shots:o . We are starting around 1pm on the Riviera deck and will work our way up. Sounds like your second sea day would be a great time. Have fun...:D

My Dw and I like to coordinate "Poker Runs" on our cruises. It consists of a group of 7 cabins (7 couples), we all put in $20 ($140 total pot) and start out in one cabin by dealing a hand of 7 cards to each couple. We then proceed to the next cabin where you can draw one card and so on until you reach the 7th cabin where the couple with the best hand wins the pot. Also, in each cabin the occupants of that cabin provide some kind of specialty drink, i.e. margarita, daquiri, beer, wine, etc. It's a great time, you get to see different cabins, find out more about your cruise mates and just have a blast. We do preface that the drinks are small so as not to get smashed. Try one you'll really enjoy it.:cool:

Archived