Scuba

The Warden

:confused: Well, we're off and running in preparing to cruise on the Island Princess on 10/21. I'm a SCUBA diver (Advanced Open Water Rating) and would like to dive at one of the Islands we will be visiting. In checking the Princess literature I do not see anything about SCUBA.

Does anyone have any idea how I could schedule a two-tank dive? I googled for SCUBA in Hawaii and was overwhelmed with what I found. I sent a few Emails but have not received any responses.

So, to any divers out there, what can you recommend?

Thanks,:cool:

On Oahu I used Aaron's Dive Shop. They were quite good, but they didn't own their own boat. As such, they doubled up with other dive shops on boats that were rented for that purpose. This can limit where you go to dive. I wanted to see the Corsair at 105', but some of the other shops we were with had new divers, still in training, and needed shallower water. Needless to say, I never saw the Corsair. I would look for an op that owns their own boat.

In Maui I selected Maui Dive Shop. They are somewhat of a small cattle boat operation, but they gave excellent service. I would have preferred to go it a little slower underwater but they weren't too bad. I selected them because they also took snorkelers, and my wife snorkels. I would go with them again.

I'm headed to Maui again in February and have dives resevred with Mike Severns. They cater a little more to photographers, which I like, and my wife doesn't plan on going snorkeling with me (Severns doesn't take snorkelers). They take it slow and give you lots of time for photos.

I'm headed to the Big Island, Kailua-Kona, in 2006 and plan on diving with Dive Makai. Like Mike Severns, they cater to photogrpahers and also take it slow and easy. I've heard that Kona has some of Hawaii's best diving.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Archived