Legend ~ Galley Tour ??

CaribbeanKim

Check with the Maitre d' when you get on the ship. Most cruises have a tour although sometimes not.

It is usually a midafternoon on a sea day. Generally the galley is shut down. There may be a few workers.

It's interesting and worth the time IMHO.

Charlie

Hi, was on the Legend 1st of February, loved the galley tour. It was on the last sea day, at about 4:00. It is nice to see how clean everything is. Some workers were there cooking, they also had a man demonstrating the art of flower making out of food. The one thing I remember is the noodles. They were thrown all over the table, which was about 8' long.

It is a great experience and would recommend to anyone.

Hi, was on the Legend 1st of February, loved the galley tour. It was on the last sea day, at about 4:00. It is nice to see how clean everything is. Some workers were there cooking, they also had a man demonstrating the art of flower making out of food. The one thing I remember is the noodles. They were thrown all over the table, which was about 8' long.

It is a great experience and would recommend to anyone.

Thanks stthomaslover...

I am really looking forward to doing this tour. I've sailed on Carnival many times, but have somehow managed to miss it every time! This cruise, I want to be prepared so I don't miss it again! ;)

No pun intended, but with all the issues of Norvirus, I am really amazed that passengers would be allowed in the food prep area where potential contamination to many passengers could occur.....makes you wonder if perhaps this is where some of the problems could be starting ???

No pun intended, but with all the issues of Norvirus, I am really amazed that passengers would be allowed in the food prep area where potential contamination to many passengers could occur.....makes you wonder if perhaps this is where some of the problems could be starting ???

Although it is possible (what isn't?), I sincerely doubt it. From everything I've read, Noro has an incubation period of 24 - 48 hours, and the majority of outbreaks occur during the first 2-3 days of a cruise. If the galley tour isn't offered until the end of a cruise, that would reduce the chances of the tour being the cause of any contamination wouldn't it? (I seem to remember on some of my earlier cruises that I always missed the tour because it was at the beginning of the cruise...so I'm glad it is now offered at the end of our cruise.) Besides, I doubt that passengers really come into contact with food & food prep surfaces...they just get a good look at things...but I could be wrong about that as I've never done it yet. Plus, I'm sure they use every method available to properly sanitize. I firmly believe that most (not all) germs are spread by lack of proper personal hygiene coupled with handling common items (door knobs, hand rails, faucet handles, etc.) I just try to be as safety minded and cautious as possible, but still live each day to the fullest (especially when on vacation) :D

On the Liberty last week the ass Maitre d' told us they were only doing the tour for the platium people. The mass tour wasn't being offerd,

It was the same on the Miracle. It was our first platinum cruise and we received notification of the date and time by a letter in our state room. A couple we were cruising with (who are gold) asked about it at dinner and were told the same thing.

I took the galley tour on the Legend durint my Thanksgiving '06 cruise then again on the Glory this past Christmas.

The most interesting part is the talk they give you prior to the tour, you hear about all the food that's required, how they decide what goes on the menu or is taken off, very interesting. The tour itself takes less then 5 minutes, they just walk you through the galley and you see everything is stainless steel. You get a glimpse of some of the food in fridges and they have a couple stations set up where they are doing some food carvings etc. Usually they have a table where they are sellinh their cook book and another where they are selling the how to make the towel animals book.

I only went the second time because I wnted my parents to see it. Once you've seen one, you've seen 'em all. Both times the galley tours were on a the sea day before the second formal night. It is worth a "look see".

Archived