Category EE: partially obstructed or not?

caribcruiser787

We're going to be cruising on the Crown Princess, in OV cabin E405. This cabin was originally classified as category E. But now Princess' deckplan has this cabin listed as a category EE. There is conflicting info online about this category, with some sites listing this as partially obstructed and others as completely unobstructed. I guess I could check with Princess direct, but you guys seem like the best source for accurate info.:) Any idea which description is correct?

If you go to the deck plans on the Princess website for the Crown, you will see that the category EE staterooms are unobstructed as there is a break with no lifeboats in that section. Those to the front and back of your category are either obstructed or partially obstructed, but the category EE's are not.

If you go to the deck plans on the Princess website for the Crown, you will see that the category EE staterooms are unobstructed as there is a break with no lifeboats in that section. Those to the front and back of your category are either obstructed or partially obstructed, but the category EE's are not.
I disagree there are still machinery blocking your view and I would call this room partially obstructed.

I have to say I think that the class changes from E to EE or FF (in the E400-419 rooms) came about because of the machinery/rigging obtructions on some rooms and not on others. So these rooms are not blocked by or near a lifeboat, but you still see those white drums or window washing units along with your sea and sky in some of them. Do note that an EE (no obstruction) is better than an E (partial) is better than an FF (fully obstructed). If you went from an E up to an EE, then you have one of the better views.

I disagree there are still machinery blocking your view and I would call this room partially obstructed.

If they are partially obstructed, Princess is going to get some feed back from these EE's as the website also says nothing about the EE's having any obstruction whatsoever:confused: :confused:

We stayed in E404 on the Crown. This is on the other side of the ship, and one cabin forward of 405. As you can see from these photos, the obstruction is minimal. Our window just had the LRAD in front while docked, if we were facing the open water. Your cabin will have the small white box where they store the LRAD, but as I recall the top was just about windowsill level. You would have no problem looking over the box. The next cabin over would be pretty bad, IMO, because it has the large white structure in front. DH and I loved the location of this cabin and found it to be a good compromise if a balcony is not possible. HTH!

DSC00795_edited-1.jpg?t=1205537014

DSC00948_edited-1.jpg?t=1205537314

ETA: sorry so big... when I tried to make them smaller they were tiny!

If they are partially obstructed, Princess is going to get some feed back from these EE's as the website also says nothing about the EE's having any obstruction whatsoever:confused: :confused:
Website says http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/kp/deck_plans/kp_emerald.html "categories E-G have partially to fully obstructed views" and if you look it goes GG,G,FF,F,EE,E. EE is between F & E. However if you look at the deckplans in the Brochure it does list E405 as Oceanview list the cats GG,G,FF,F,E,EE. very confusing :confused: to say the least.

jtutak: I understand the confusion. Sometimes category EE is listed before E, sometimes after. Which leaves it unclear whether it's included in the E-G obstructed cabins.

amapola: Thanks for the great photos!! It looks as if E405 would be fairly comparable to the cabin to the right of yours in the second photo. That would be just fine with us!

Thanks again for the encouraging info, everyone. We'd be more than happy with a partially obstructed cabin, but it seems the change in category reflects a less obstructed view---and that's even better! :D

caribcruiser787

When are you going on your cruise, we have booked E403 and also wondered about the obstuctions. Were told that they are minimal.

We do not travel till October 2008 so if you go before please let us know hat the obstructions is or is not.

Also if anyone has photos of E403 then I would be pleased to see them

Thanks.

amapola: Thanks for the great photos!! It looks as if E405 would be fairly comparable to the cabin to the right of yours in the second photo. That would be just fine with us!

You're welcome! I would take any of these cabins again in a heartbeat.

caribcruiser787

Also if anyone has photos of E403 then I would be pleased to see them

Thanks.

E403 is in the exact same position as E404, but on the opposite side.

caribcruiser787

When are you going on your cruise, we have booked E403 and also wondered about the obstuctions. Were told that they are minimal.

We do not travel till October 2008 so if you go before please let us know hat the obstructions is or is not.

We'll be on the April 5th sailing. I'll post photos of our cabin after we get back so you can have a view of the other side of the ship. It should be very similar to amapola's photos of the view on the port side, but E403 is still listed on Princess' deck plan as a category E. I'll make sure that I get a good shot looking toward your cabin.

We had E403 in Nov/Dec of last year. No obstructions at all. I would book this cabin in a heartbeat. I looked and don't have any pictures from this trip of the view. The beds are NOT on the window wall in this cabin (on a side wall instead), so it is great that you can stand up next to the window and look out. They do set up the radar thing (as shown in a previous reply) while in port if that side faces the water, so you can see it. But we never saw or heard any noise outside while they were doing this.

Enjoy this cabin, it was probably the best "E" partially obstructed (NOT) cabin we've ever had on any Princess ship.

We had E403 in Nov/Dec of last year. No obstructions at all. I would book this cabin in a heartbeat. I looked and don't have any pictures from this trip of the view. The beds are NOT on the window wall in this cabin (on a side wall instead), so it is great that you can stand up next to the window and look out. They do set up the radar thing (as shown in a previous reply) while in port if that side faces the water, so you can see it. But we never saw or heard any noise outside while they were doing this.

Enjoy this cabin, it was probably the best "E" partially obstructed (NOT) cabin we've ever had on any Princess ship.

Great news for LEESRE . . . and for us too. ;) I'm glad to hear about the beds on the side wall, as well. Hopefully that will be true of E405 also.

Archived