NCL vs Princess

cass040105

Will the food on NCL be too fancy for me?

I'm not sure, some dishes that seem fancy are very simular to something you might have had before. I have an adventurous palate. At home I'm a steak and potatoes, meatloaf and mashed potatoes kind of person. A cruise is a chance, I want, to try something different. I found escargo to be quite yummy, creme brulee to be good and beef wellington to be tasty. Lobster bisque is good too, who knew?

Oh yeah, goat cheese tarts were heavenly-but that was at Le Bistro, included when ordering the Romance package.

• 2 weeks later...

We never had any trouble on either cruise line getting a table for 2. On Princess, we were often seated at a larger table that had partitions set out to make it seem to be a table for two. We also found that when there was a waiting line at one restaurant, you could walk right in at the other.

I, personally, never saw any difference in anytime dining and freestyle dining except that NCL had more speciality restaurants.

I might be able to help if your cruise is after mine!! I mean with a comparison since I haven't been on NCL yet. We were on the Crown Princess last June. I believe the Caribbean Princess is taking the same route. We had a fabulous time.

Yes we did - but it was definitely the company!

Not to go too far OT, I too was on the Crown in June, but my NCL cruise isn't until next April, I am anxious to know.

Archived