Precruise - Confused.

judyfssw

:confused: My husband and I and my sister and brother-in-law will be going on the Summit from Seward to Vancouver. My husband is handicapped and will probably be using a wheelchair. He can walk for short distances with his cane. We hope to arrive a few days early in Anchorage. We do know that we would like to take the train from Anchorage to Seward.

Everyone talks about going to Denali to see the wildlife etc. and therein lies our problem. Should we take the train, plan to spend the night and return to Anchorage? Should we plan on a bus tour at Denali? I don't want to tire out my husband too much before the cruise.

For those who have been to Alaska, what do you suggest? I appreciate any and all suggestions.:o

:confused: My husband and I and my sister and brother-in-law will be going on the Summit from Seward to Vancouver. My husband is handicapped and will probably be using a wheelchair. He can walk for short distances with his cane. We hope to arrive a few days early in Anchorage. We do know that we would like to take the train from Anchorage to Seward.

Everyone talks about going to Denali to see the wildlife etc. and therein lies our problem. Should we take the train, plan to spend the night and return to Anchorage? Should we plan on a bus tour at Denali? I don't want to tire out my husband too much before the cruise.

For those who have been to Alaska, what do you suggest? I appreciate any and all suggestions.:o

I don't know your Husband's situation but I would say if there is any way you can manage Deneli you should do it. It is really abeautiful place and they have a bus tour to see the wildlife, the train ride from Anchorage is very nice also. Lorelle

You may want to post your question on the Special Interest Board for Disabled Passingers. I am sure someone will be able to answer your questions about Alaska and help to make your husbands trip more enjoyable. We also travel with a wheelchair but have never been to Alaska.

Archived