What ship is going to replace the Mariner of the Seas for Port Canaveral departures?

Bunti

Still no 2009 Port Canaveral departures on the RCL website except Sovereign. Are they leaving?? Does anyone know. Sorry if this is an old question, I have been away from the boards for awhile, and couldn't find a thread regarding this.

I think PC and RC are playing a game of chicken. PC won't spend $$ on upgrading a pier without a long term commitment and RC or CCL don't want to be stuck somewhere. With the down turn in construction the cruise lines may win.

The PC docks are loaded with rotting building wood and the cement ships don't come very frequently anymore. Between the loss of pax and commercial goods PC just might fix enlarge a pier for the bigger ships. Otherwise they will be laying off people.

My in-laws were just on Explorer out of Cape Liberty and the waiter (which they know well) says that Explorer is being moved to Port Canaveral and that Freedom is on block to be moved to Cape Liberty. (Yeah for us! Although I love Explorer).

They were stating it was scheduled for respositioning around late 2009 or early 2010.

Perhaps this thread and one above on this topic should be merged since they both ask the same question and it might be better to channel all of the answers through one thread. Right now it is anyone's guess, and that includes your waiter, who we all know is privy to the inner workings of the RCI executive offices. - NOT:rolleyes:

Perhaps this thread and one above on this topic should be merged since they both ask the same question and it might be better to channel all of the answers through one thread. Right now it is anyone's guess, and that includes your waiter, who we all know is privy to the inner workings of the RCI executive offices. - NOT:rolleyes:
Totally agree -- all threads should be merged. As I posted on other threads, alll RCI itineraries will be announced in April or May and the most likely time for a replacement ship in Port C will be late 2009 when Genesis comes out as RCI has a ship shortage.

Archived