Do you trust pharmacies in Cozumel?

TonyinFla

We used to get retin-a in Mexico and one day my daughter said "I'm not putting that on my skin. what if it burns my face off?" Since then we have never bought drugs down there. I've looked and they have some common antibiotics as well as some skin things, and bedroom enhancers. How do you know its the real thing?

Well you really don't. So think about this: Who is most likely to have quality drugs for sell down there? How about the Walmart Pharmacy over at Playa del Carmen? It's just a ferry ride over and back.

Why are you buying anti-biotics? Are you doctors, and have made a diagnosis that requires the use of anti-biotics? Ridiculous.

I love people who think they can dictate everyone's business. Life is so much better with your opinions.

Not that it is any of your business in this world, but.....

In the case of Retin-a its a prescription from a doctor, but its 9.00 per tube in Mexico and 175.00 per tube in the US. AND just so YOU are ok with my saving money; I am a listened, insured, bonded financial advisor and I authorize my saving $166.00.

I love people who think they can dictate everyone's business. Life is so much better with your opinions.

Not that it is any of your business in this world, but.....

In the case of Retin-a its a prescription from a doctor, but its 9.00 per tube in Mexico and 175.00 per tube in the US. AND just so YOU are ok with my saving money; I am a listened, insured, bonded financial advisor and I authorize my saving $166.00.

Retin-A is NOT an antibiotic. Big difference. Antibiotics were mentioned. I am more concerned with the overuse of antibiotics rather than someone's personal vanity. By all means by your Retin-A there.

What if the same were true for the antibiotics? I just try to never judge people, esecially when I don't know the whole story.

I live and let live.

What seed in the tourny do you think you'll get today? I'm a Hoosier and am thining we fell to a 6. :( rough ending for us.

What if the same were true for the antibiotics? I just try to never judge people, esecially when I don't know the whole story.

I live and let live.

What seed in the tourny do you think you'll get today? I'm a Hoosier and am thining we fell to a 6. :( rough ending for us.

I should just live and let live.. but the overuse of antibiotics in this country maddens me. We will get a 5 or 6 seed. I don't think we deserve anything higher than 7. For all the times that Izzo has gotten MORE out of a team, this is the opposite. This team is disappointing.

Why are you buying anti-biotics? Are you doctors, and have made a diagnosis that requires the use of anti-biotics? Ridiculous.

I'm guessing because of price... What difference does it make to you.

Nice thread hijack!!

There's the American Pharmacy, right in town. Have at it!

SOOOO True.

but the overuse of antibiotics in this country maddens me.

Just because they purchase antibiotics does not mean that they overuse or abuse them. I know from experience that I get sinus infections since my teen years. I know the difference from a cold, a virus or a sinus infection because my body reacts the exact same way each time. Before I go to the doctor I know what the diagnosis is going to be. I don't think anyone is purchasing antibiotics for recreational use or to abuse, but when you know you have an infection maybe the poster would like to save money. As you referred to earlier about not having a medical degree, it is not the patients overusing antibiotics, it is doctors with medical degrees that tend to over prescribe them.

Just because they purchase antibiotics does not mean that they overuse or abuse them. I know from experience that I get sinus infections since my teen years. I know the difference from a cold, a virus or a sinus infection because my body reacts the exact same way each time. Before I go to the doctor I know what the diagnosis is going to be. I don't think anyone is purchasing antibiotics for recreational use or to abuse, but when you know you have an infection maybe the poster would like to save money. As you referred to earlier about not having a medical degree, it is not the patients overusing antibiotics, it is doctors with medical degrees that tend to over prescribe them.

iagree.gif

Is it possible to hijack my own thread?

I'm sure there are many reasons for one to buy prescriptions out of the U.S.. I simply was asking do we trust them. I know in Calica last year the name of the drug was hand written on the package. I am sure it was so we un-educated Americans can read them, but it was a little odd looking.

IU got hosed with an 8 seed, they were ranked in the top 10 for a better part of the year, and top 20 all year. 8 seed?? I thought MSU got it a little easy.

I have bought medicine in Mexico for at least 30 years. It is the same stuff that is in the USA. In fact, when I order online Plavix it comes from India in a sealed package from the manufacturer. Why order online? It is $5.00 per pill in the USA for the same thing I pay less than $1.00 for.

Retin A from Mexico is fine. Go online and see how you are supposed to use it.

Is it possible to hijack my own thread?

You bet! When the topic goes from Rx drugs to sports talk, that is considered a hijack. :p No big deal.

As for drugs, as long as you buy from reputable sellers (American Drug Store, Chedraui), you need not worry.

You bet! When the topic goes from Rx drugs to sports talk, that is considered a hijack. :p No big deal.

This is the perfect thread for sports and drugs. This is where the athletes get their steroids for half price.

My son was just given a prescription for Benzaclin (it's for acne).

It is a cream.

Does anyone know if I can get this in Cozumel?

We had it filled but I have two refills.

Our cost is $30.00 per perscription.

Will you be asked for a script? How does this work?

In college, I went to a border town (Progresso? Matamoras? I don't remember!) on fall break. My friend got an entire bottle of Valium and we brought it home for my aunt. Had we been stopped on the way home, I'm pretty sure we would have been arrested.

Is this true? Not true? I suffer from anxiety (and am prescribed meds by my doctor). I would love to bring some home with me, but I do not want to do anything illegal as I am a responsible parent.

Just curious!

Holly

Archived