License Plates

wonlife64

My son is a collector of license plates. We will be in Roatan next week and would like to try and find a plate. We are taking a tour with Victor Bodden so our driver may have an idea where to find one. Has anybody tried finding a license plate in Roatan?

Thanks!

My son is a collector of license plates. We will be in Roatan next week and would like to try and find a plate. We are taking a tour with Victor Bodden so our driver may have an idea where to find one. Has anybody tried finding a license plate in Roatan?

Thanks!

Sorry, I do not have an answer for you but I am interested also. If you do find them please post when you get back. My DH collects them to put around our swimming pool at home. We usually find them in the straw markets on the islands.

• 2 weeks later...

below is part of my trip report....hubby always finds plates....he did in Belize as well :D

Then we stopped at Victors house where he has pet monkeys you can hold. We got to hold a one-year-old gorilla monkey he was so sweet I was in heaven!! Oh and where is Jay…??….at the junkyard across the street looking for a Roatan license plate. Good thing Anthony went with because no English was spoken….$5 later back Jay walks grinning ear to ear with a plate in hand. I guess everyone has to collect something on vacation.

Sorry, I do not have an answer for you but I am interested also. If you do find them please post when you get back. My DH collects them to put around our swimming pool at home. We usually find them in the straw markets on the islands.

Well we are back from our cruise and had a great time. We were able to find a license plate at both Roatan and Belize. In Roatan our Victor Bodden driver was able to find a place to get a plate. If you take a taxi/tour I would just ask your driver. It sounds like the place across from Victors house would be a better deal then we found. Oh well, we paid a bit more but we did get a plate. In Belize we found plates at one of the small flea market tents that are set-up inside the security port area, but outside of the buliding. Take a look there first and ask around. My son bougt one for $7.00 and another rusty one for $5.00. You could probably barter but we are not much into that and figure that a couple extra dollars means more to the shop owner and their family then it does to us.

Well we are back from our cruise and had a great time. We were able to find a license plate at both Roatan and Belize. In Roatan our Victor Bodden driver was able to find a place to get a plate. If you take a taxi/tour I would just ask your driver. It sounds like the place across from Victors house would be a better deal then we found. Oh well, we paid a bit more but we did get a plate. In Belize we found plates at one of the small flea market tents that are set-up inside the security port area, but outside of the buliding. Take a look there first and ask around. My son bougt one for $7.00 and another rusty one for $5.00. You could probably barter but we are not much into that and figure that a couple extra dollars means more to the shop owner and their family then it does to us.

Thanks for the infor. We are using a Victor Bodden driver for the day

so we should be able to get one.

We will check in Belize also.

Archived