How stupid can people be?

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

On my recent Liberty review I wrote about chair after chair being "hogged" by a $22 Carnival towel. There were more chairs "hogged" than being used! My question is, who ARE these people that are stupid enough to save a chair with a $22 towel? I was prepared to chuck one overboard if need be because I was so disgusted, but instead I just moved an ignorant person's book.

On my recent Liberty review I wrote about chair after chair being "hogged" by a $22 Carnival towel. There were more chairs "hogged" than being used! My question is, who ARE these people that are stupid enough to save a chair with a $22 towel? I was prepared to chuck one overboard if need be because I was so disgusted, but instead I just moved an ignorant person's book.

Unfortunately there are a lot of ignorant people in this world.

If I see some chairs that are supposedly being saved and noone shows if a reasonable time, I move the stuff and have a seat, too bad for them, I have never had a confrontation. (hope that continues)In fact, I have never seen anyone come looking for thier stuff, so that goes to show you how important their "saved chairs" are to them.:rolleyes:

This announcement should be in ALL Capers and announced by EVERY cruise director, per John Heald:

Reserving of Deck Chairs

As a courtesy to other guests, reserving of deck chairs is not permitted. Chairs left vacant for 30 minutes or longer will be reassigned by the Pool Attendant to waiting guests.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/02/13/cpoy-that/

If you see deck chairs that are otherwise abandoned point it out to the nearest staff member...

I hate chair saving. On a cruise, we usually lay on deck 10 so we have no problem finding a chair. However, when we go to Myrtle Beach, there are usually limited chairs. Last year, a lady saved 10 chairs w/ beach toys. We did not get a chair while hers were empty all day. I know, I should have moved them. I need to be more ballsy;)

Lets start a tradition and teach the ignorant $22 lessons. Lets just KEEP thier towel as a souvenir! After all if they don't care what they do with thier towels why should anyone else be more concerned. If thier momma didn't teach them right, someone else has to! ;)

I say Carnival gives us a free drink for every "lost" towel that we find:D That is real incentive to me and I personally would be on the hunt for these "lost" towels.:D:D Problem solved !

I'm tempted to gather up all the towels and take them to the wet towel bin by the pool and throw them into it. If they got charged 22.00 maybe the chair hogs would think twice before they do it.. I actually saw a towel blow overboard on our last cruise and I thought "good enough for'em"

Thanks! My other idea is for the chair to have a timer....every time you get up and leave, the timer begins to count down from 30 minutes. At 30 minutes the pool attendant gathers the items off the chair. Can you tell I am just a little tired of chair hogs?? :)

I guess what I just don't get is that I know Carnival employees read these boards...and they know people are tired of "chair hogs"...so why is this issue still a problem? Why don't they enforce the 30 minute rule?

On my first cruise I never got a chair near the pool...or anywhere for that matter.

I'm a weenie and hate confrontation...you just can't win a battle of wits with people who have none. :(

Lets start a tradition and teach the ignorant $22 lessons. Lets just KEEP thier towel as a souvenir! After all if they don't care what they do with thier towels why should anyone else be more concerned. If thier momma didn't teach them right, someone else has to! ;)

I like this idea. We have a new house with a cruise theme. (Ginger D decorated the master bath with seashells and cruise pix) I think that Carnival towels will look great in there.;)

Is this really a problem on Carnival cruises? We have always cruised Princess and our first Carnival cruise is this April. On Princess cruises, we go up to the top deck, tons of decks chairs waiting for us. and we takes whichever ones we want. Granted, we never tried to get a chair by the pool, frankly, we gets annoyed with the crowd. Is it a real problem on Carnival?

We were at a 5 star resort in Cancun last year (boring) starting from day one the pool chairs were all saved. Not only by the guests of the hotel but the locals would tip the pool men to save chairs for them. I asked if this was allowed and was told “yes”.

Being a fast learner; my fat, little bode, was down at 6:30 AM each morning to save two chairs.

These same people cruise and think it is the law of the land, or sea.

The only way it can be stopped is for the employees around the pool to start Day 1 picking up the towels. (or books) Then make the guests claim them. Day 2 will find less chairs being saved. Day 3, less and less etc.

While Iam not a chair hog, there are times when my towel is left on my chair to save it while we are in the pool or hot tub. Would be really pi$$ed if someone decided to teach me a lesson by taking my towel!

We aren't talking about being in the pool. Someone had a picture of a chair with an orange on it for 6 hours. That is the difference.

Thanks! My other idea is for the chair to have a timer....every time you get up and leave, the timer begins to count down from 30 minutes. At 30 minutes the pool attendant gathers the items off the chair. Can you tell I am just a little tired of chair hogs?? :)

:cool: :cool: This was one of my exact suggestions to Carnival. My idea was actually for about 45 minutes, that gives you time to get in line, sit down and eat and return to your chair. We should get a letter campaign going to get this idea in there. Bravo for you.:cool:

:cool: :cool: This was one of my exact suggestions to Carnival. My idea was actually for about 45 minutes, that gives you time to get in line, sit down and eat and return to your chair. We should get a letter campaign going to get this idea in there. Bravo for you.:cool:

Great minds think alike!:D

I agree, 30min is too short...I am ok with 45 min, even 60 min bugt not much more. This allows for a quick trip to the cabin, then bite to eat and time to get back to the chair. Also, 45 min in the pool is plenty of time.

We should start a thread asking folks to sign on and then ship the list off to Carnival...somewhat like a chain thread!!

Gotta run...games and martini night with friends. We are making the Blue Moon Martini..loved it on Carnival Freedom. :D

Totally agreed. If people insist on behaving like children,then treat them like children. Pavlov's rule works for dogs and other low-end mammals too.

LMAO...Martini is calling...see ya'll tomorrow.

While Iam not a chair hog, there are times when my towel is left on my chair to save it while we are in the pool or hot tub. Would be really pi$$ed if someone decided to teach me a lesson by taking my towel!

I was just thinking the same thing....what if I'd gotten up to use the restroom? Or ran to get a drink? I'd hate to come back and find my towel gone! Let's not be rash, now!:eek:

60 minutes is about right. I need time to go to the cabin, fix a drink and grab a reuben to bring to my chair. (I don't want to miss a ray!) But you shouldn't put your stuff on a chair until you're ready to plant yourself on it.

Archived