How stupid can people be?

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

I am not a pool junkie, so the upper decks are fine with me. PLUS I don't want to get TOO hot and the extra breeze from being higher up helps. But I also don't have to leave much because my fiance hates siting still, so If I need something he's ready to jump up and get it for me!!! It's better than a high end resort really, becuase he knows how I like my burgers!!

This announcement should be in ALL Capers and announced by EVERY cruise director, per John Heald:

Reserving of Deck Chairs

As a courtesy to other guests, reserving of deck chairs is not permitted. Chairs left vacant for 30 minutes or longer will be reassigned by the Pool Attendant to waiting guests.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/02/13/cpoy-that/

If you see deck chairs that are otherwise abandoned point it out to the nearest staff member...

I just got off the Triumph and it was.

On my recent Liberty review I wrote about chair after chair being "hogged" by a $22 Carnival towel. There were more chairs "hogged" than being used! My question is, who ARE these people that are stupid enough to save a chair with a $22 towel? I was prepared to chuck one overboard if need be because I was so disgusted, but instead I just moved an ignorant person's book.
So I leave a towel on a chaise for two hours and you move it and take my seat I'm really not using anways...Costs me nothing. I just walk by a chaise with no one in it and take their towel back to my cabin to turn in......Now who's stupid......I still win. It is a no loose situation.....:eek: :eek:

I just don't get the point......I get up at the crack of dawn and people who get there at noon think they deserve my seat.......:confused:

I'm off to lunch and people keep hawking my seat I've been in since 7:00 AM. People should not to get sooooo drunk the night before so they might get up at a decent hour.....:D

Geeeeeze.....people will whine over anything........;)

So I leave a towel on a chaise for two hours and you move it and take my seat I'm really not using anways...Costs me nothing. I just walk by a chaise with no one in it and take their towel back to my cabin to turn in......Now who's stupid......I still win. It is a no loose situation....

I just don't get the point......I get up at the crack of dawn and people who get there at noon think they deserve my seat.......:confused:

I'm off to lunch and people keep hawking my seat I've been in since 7:00 AM. Try not to get sooooo drunk the night before so you might get up at a decent hour.....:D

Geeeeeze.....people will whine over anything........;)

Good lord, man...do you want some toothpicks for those eyes???;) :eek:

I am not one to sit pool side so i don't see this problem. I don't do the pool unless it is a port day, and I have most of the lido deck to myself. LOL.. but seriously, i really am not a pool person because the water is too cold for me.

:eek:

Sounds like a freebee towel to me. LOL And they wonder why they get charged for lost towels.:D

I'm an early riser (5am) and I lay out till about 5pm. I'd watch one guy walk around and grab random unattended $22 Carnival towels and walk off with them. It was a guilty pleasure to watch! :D

I overheard someone say he was bringing about 10 towels home with him!! :eek:

Good lord, man...do you want some toothpicks for those eyes???;) :eek:
No problem for me......I go to bed late and get up early. Don't need the picks. I get a couple Bloody Marys and start over. I just can't see why people whine over this.

It's time to man up kids. If a chaise poolside has been empty for 2 hours on your cruise...why come here and whine.....geeze.....Go over and be a man and take their crap and throw it on the deck and take the seat. When they come back and say something just look them dead in the eye and say.....Sorry, I thought someone had forgotten their things and took them to the pursers desk.....:eek:

I just don't get this whining.....:confused:

im not sure which of you evil people i like the best...im trying to decide whether i want a free towel for a souviner or a free drink. i actually got run over by a stroller becasue i asked if she was actually using the 4 towels...in case the kids got out of the pool....free towel for ev1

No problem for me......I go to bed late and get up early. Don't need the picks. I get a couple Bloody Marys and start over. I just can't see why people whine over this.

It's time to man up kids. If a chaise poolside has been empty for 2 hours on your cruise...why come here and whine.....geeze.....Go over and be a man and take their crap and throw it on the deck and take the seat. When they come back and say something just look them dead in the eye and say.....Sorry, I thought someone had forgotten their things and took them to the pursers desk.....:eek:

I just don't get this whining.....:confused:

Great explanation...but I was refering to your picture.....:eek:

Please don't take all those towels. I never bring a towel up to the pool deck and if you take all those unclaimed towels, I won't have anything to dry off with. And don't worry about the skin disease, though the doctors say it's incurable, I've been living with it the past 5 years (got from a Princess towel,) only every 4 or 5 hours does the itching drive me crazy.

Gotta Scratch

Ron

I just got off the Triumph and it was.

Hiya, Diana!!! I've missed you!

How was the ParrotHead thingy???

Glad to know that the word is getting out about the chair hogs...

Please drop me a note and tell me about the cruise or post somethin'....

:D

Please don't take all those towels. I never bring a towel up to the pool deck and if you take all those unclaimed towels, I won't have anything to dry off with. And don't worry about the skin disease, though the doctors say it's incurable, I've been living with it the past 5 years (got from a Princess towel,) only every 4 or 5 hours does the itching drive me crazy.

Gotta Scratch

Ron

Hehehehehee.... very good...

;)

Is this really a problem on Carnival cruises? We have always cruised Princess and our first Carnival cruise is this April. On Princess cruises, we go up to the top deck, tons of decks chairs waiting for us. and we takes whichever ones we want. Granted, we never tried to get a chair by the pool, frankly, we gets annoyed with the crowd. Is it a real problem on Carnival?

The "problem" is for the chairs immediately around the pool area. Those are the ones most people want. I'm like you, find a quiet space and you will quickly find a chair that fits just right. Im experience has been that this is pretty much the case on all lines, unless you are in Alaska :)

Gotta Scratch

Ron

roflmao2.gif

Great explanation...but I was refering to your picture.....:eek:
Let's see.....it was Halloween celebration and that was 6 days into a Saints and Sinners cruise....Book one with us and see if the sleep deprivation....tours.....and dranking makes you look any better.....LOL.....I could have taken a nap right then....But nooooooo......I went back up on deck, more dranks then to the cabin for a shower. Then dressed properly for formal night and I was off for 2 predinner Vodka Gibsons...Wine with dinner then the sprots bar for beers. Then off to the disco til late. Then up in the AM for Blooody Marys and mimmies. Then off the ship and over to Senor Frogs in Nassau......

Try and keep up....I double (Bad Doggie) dare ya.......:p :D :p

Hiya, Diana!!! I've missed you!

How was the ParrotHead thingy???

Glad to know that the word is getting out about the chair hogs...

Please drop me a note and tell me about the cruise or post somethin'....

The Parrot Head Cruise was awesome. It was great to be with 450 like-minded folks and to have such awesome music to listen to all week. (We took our own trop rock musicians with us.) It was so good, there is a high liklihood that I'll go again next year....even if it means I'll have to cancel out of Team Splendor to do so. But I'll wait until they finalize next year's itininerary, etc., to decide for sure.

There was Landshark (for those inquiring minds).

Oh yeah, I'm not home yet. I'm in Miami and getting ready to fly home tomorrow. It's been a lovely cruise.

The Parrot Head Cruise was awesome. It was great to be with 450 like-minded folks and to have such awesome music to listen to all week. (We took our own trop rock musicians with us.) It was so good, there is a high liklihood that I'll go again next year....even if it means I'll have to cancel out of Team Splendor to do so. But I'll wait until they finalize next year's itininerary, etc., to decide for sure.

There was Landshark (for those inquiring minds).

Oh yeah, I'm not home yet. I'm in Miami and getting ready to fly home tomorrow. It's been a lovely cruise.

Didn't someone I'm familiar with say the same thing???

Good to have you (almost) home...

This announcement should be in ALL Capers and announced by EVERY cruise director, per John Heald:

Reserving of Deck Chairs

As a courtesy to other guests, reserving of deck chairs is not permitted. Chairs left vacant for 30 minutes or longer will be reassigned by the Pool Attendant to waiting guests.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/02/13/cpoy-that/

If you see deck chairs that are otherwise abandoned point it out to the nearest staff member...

On the Liberty sailing March first I had a lot of dealings with this. I was boared and decided to watch chairs:D I hit the pool area 7-7:30. The $22 towels were already there. At 9-9:30 when people were looking for chairs I pointed out which ones had been vacant for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The first case the attendant picked up the towels and one book on each chair. The next group came and I pointed out chairs setting vacant for 2 hours. This time a supper cam over and said she could remove towels off chairs as they belonged to Carnival but not personal items. Not sure what is correct. One "gentleman" came back looking for his stuff. When the older couple told him the staff took his stuff, he started swearing at them and saying he hadn't even been gone 30 minutes. He went to get his stuff from the staff and came back and treatend the older man. His wife/friend did come back and appoligies for her man. The other group was some young woman who just didn't know what to do as they HAAAAAAAAAAD to sit togeather and right at the pool. Poor babies.

Yes, I am a pot stirrer:D

On the Liberty sailing March first I had a lot of dealings with this. I was boared and decided to watch chairs:D I hit the pool area 7-7:30. The $22 towels were already there. At 9-9:30 when people were looking for chairs I pointed out which ones had been vacant for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The first case the attendant picked up the towels and one book on each chair. The next group came and I pointed out chairs setting vacant for 2 hours. This time a supper cam over and said she could remove towels off chairs as they belonged to Carnival but not personal items. Not sure what is correct. One "gentleman" came back looking for his stuff. When the older couple told him the staff took his stuff, he started swearing at them and saying he hadn't even been gone 30 minutes. He went to get his stuff from the staff and came back and treatend the older man. His wife/friend did come back and appoligies for her man. The other group was some young woman who just didn't know what to do as they HAAAAAAAAAAD to sit togeather and right at the pool. Poor babies.

Yes, I am a pot stirrer:D

I liked Celebrity for this...They have what is called a "Pool Butler"......On the three cruises I have been on with them it was very simple to ask if someone had been in the chaise in a while. They'd say no and the towel is gone and he giggles while walking away. It is always good to see him smile with that couple bucks you hand him.....:eek:

I liked Celebrity for this...They have what is called a "Pool Butler"......On the three cruises I have been on with them it was very simple to ask if someone had been in the chaise in a whild. They'd say no and the towel is gone and he giggles while walking away. It is always good to see him smile with that couple bucks you hand him.....:eek:

I've only been on one Celebrity cruise and they were picking up towels without being tipped. I thought it was great.

I feel most folks don't want to hang around watching to see if a chair has been idle for 30 consecutive minutes, I know I have better things to do. So if a person returns from the pool after a dip, dries off and is off again, would that make her lose her towel or would checking in count for another time period. I think the whole thing is just too cumbersome and I'd just find me somewhere else to go. Granted it's annoying, but not worth the possibel hassles with passengers.

Archived