How stupid can people be?

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

Seriously? Go to your cabin...grab a sandwich? 30-45minutes? I can see being in the pool, even the washroom. But hell what if i had the itch to go play 45 minutes of blackjack? Is that ok? Hell no its not, you move you lose!!!!!!!!

And to confront someone afterward? Is a chair worth it, really. I may be missing something but I'm on a cruise to relax and have a good time. If confronted by the person who's chair I had "taken", not because I dont have a smart comback for his/her comment, or that I am afraid of confrontation. It's really not worth it to argue over while i'm enjoying my vacaction.

Can someone tell me why it's so cool to sit by the pool? Specially if your not going to use the pool eventually?

On the Liberty sailing March first I had a lot of dealings with this. I was boared and decided to watch chairs:D I hit the pool area 7-7:30. The $22 towels were already there. At 9-9:30 when people were looking for chairs I pointed out which ones had been vacant for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The first case the attendant picked up the towels and one book on each chair. The next group came and I pointed out chairs setting vacant for 2 hours. This time a supper cam over and said she could remove towels off chairs as they belonged to Carnival but not personal items. Not sure what is correct. One "gentleman" came back looking for his stuff. When the older couple told him the staff took his stuff, he started swearing at them and saying he hadn't even been gone 30 minutes. He went to get his stuff from the staff and came back and treatend the older man. His wife/friend did come back and appoligies for her man. The other group was some young woman who just didn't know what to do as they HAAAAAAAAAAD to sit togeather and right at the pool. Poor babies.

Yes, I am a pot stirrer:D

OK, well then I will also stir the pot. Perhaps, next time you are "boared" you could read a book on spelling and grammer!:p

Perhaps the next time you suggest someone study "grammer" you may consider it yourself :p

Touché - typo!:D However, I never suggested that I don't make mistakes - only that this person's time might be better spent doing other things than starting trouble on the Lido deck!

I didn't realize home many towels were left out.

Heck, after all the boose I consume on the Lido pool deck, I will no longer deal with those miniture baroom stalls and urinals... but instead just schooch onto a vancant chair with one of those absorbant Canival towels... and squeek a leak... :D

I didn't realize home many towels were left out.

Heck, after all the boose I consume on the Lido pool deck, I will no longer deal with those miniture baroom stalls and urinals... but instead just schooch onto a vancant chair with one of those absorbant Canival towels... and squeek a leak... :D

You are sooooo funny!!!:D :D :D :D

On my recent Liberty review I wrote about chair after chair being "hogged" by a $22 Carnival towel. There were more chairs "hogged" than being used! My question is, who ARE these people that are stupid enough to save a chair with a $22 towel? I was prepared to chuck one overboard if need be because I was so disgusted, but instead I just moved an ignorant person's book.

I just take their towels and I use them on shore excursions and leave them.They left them,so why can't I.

I thought this thread would provide some useful information and advice on what to do with the perennial problem of people leaving personal items on chairs and sunbeds and then disappearing for hours on end leaving some passengers without! However, many of the posters seem to think it's funny to "put dry towels in the towel bin", confront other passengers in an agressive manner, and even take other's towels ashore and leave them. Not to mention the huge emphasis put on the amount of alcohol they drink on a cruise (probably when not cruising as well)

I am concerned that some younger people may look at these posts and get the idea that it's OK to be a) drunk b) rude and abusive and c) uncaring about the environment. I am going on a cruise in May on an American ship in the Mediterranean and will enjoy a drink, visit the pool, and if I have seen chairs with belongings on them which are apparently not in use, I will simply move them to another area and use them. if someone is violent towards me then i will call a staff member to deal with them. I don't think it will happen as I have cruised before with RCCL in Europe with Americans (and other nationalities of course) and they have always been extremely polite and friendly. :mad: :mad:

It was a refreshing change watching the pool attendants on my last RCCL cruise.

They were all "on watch", immediately stopping ANYONE setting up a stake on "their" deck chair. It was BETTER than reading a book, watching all this activity!

Also, they were apparently timing existing empty chairs. After 10 to 20 minutes of inactivity, they would just go and collect all the offenders articles and put them in a stored bin.

Is this really a problem on Carnival cruises? We have always cruised Princess and our first Carnival cruise is this April. On Princess cruises, we go up to the top deck, tons of decks chairs waiting for us. and we takes whichever ones we want. Granted, we never tried to get a chair by the pool, frankly, we gets annoyed with the crowd. Is it a real problem on Carnival?
We didn't have a problem but, like you, we usually head for the top decks.

Bluebelle,

Some of the talk is just that, talk...notice the winking icons after some of the posts. Also, if the discussion is grossly offensive, our wonderful moderator would delete the thread.

I don't think folks are whining. I think they are stating a fact. I just went on my my first Carnival cruise and was amazed how many chairs sat empty for hours on end. It was ridiculous. I agree that Celebrity does a fabulous job!

DH and I sit in the sun for only 1-1.5 hours as I get bored to tears and my complexion does not allow for deep dark tans anyway. I preferred the aft pool area on Freedom as was quieter and near a bar. One day we did go on top and found a chair but the bar servers were rarely to be found. Celebrity has a leg up in this department as well.

It was a refreshing change watching the pool attendants on my last RCCL cruise.

They were all "on watch", immediately stopping ANYONE setting up a stake on "their" deck chair. It was BETTER than reading a book, watching all this activity!

Also, they were apparently timing existing empty chairs. After 10 to 20 minutes of inactivity, they would just go and collect all the offenders articles and put them in a stored bin.

I can hardly wait until my next RCCL cruise!

While Iam not a chair hog, there are times when my towel is left on my chair to save it while we are in the pool or hot tub. Would be really pi$$ed if someone decided to teach me a lesson by taking my towel!

Your situation is not a problem, it is the ones that mark their spot, early and never show back up. We are early birds, usually at the breakfast buffet when they start serving. There will already be spots claimed, and not a person in sight.

After breakfast, we try to get a spot, one goes back to the cabin to change and get their stuff, the other stays with our claimed chairs. Some mornings no one ever comes back to claim their spots. Just so selfish.

I like this idea. We have a new house with a cruise theme. (Ginger D decorated the master bath with seashells and cruise pix) I think that Carnival towels will look great in there.;)

I have Carnival beach towels in my nautical theme bathroom....sad part is, I paid $22 for mine.........thinking I should stock up on my next cruise. I'm betting I could find enough to actually be picky about the condition of my replacements LOL

To the people who want chairs around the pool, are you using the pool, or are you just soaking up rays? I have seen a lot of people around the pool who never get it in. I was wondering why they don't get chairs a little further up. We come in to use the pool and just find a dry place on deck to put our stuff. We don't lay out. I wish there was a place I could put my stuff to make sure it stays dry. I don't need a chair, yet if one is available, we put our stuff on it to keep dry.

Please don't take all those towels. I never bring a towel up to the pool deck and if you take all those unclaimed towels, I won't have anything to dry off with. And don't worry about the skin disease, though the doctors say it's incurable, I've been living with it the past 5 years (got from a Princess towel,) only every 4 or 5 hours does the itching drive me crazy.

Gotta Scratch

Ron

What about the poor people who use that bed after you leave! The CCLtowels launder up just fine soap and water. Give it a try sometime, you will be suprised how much better you may feel!

On the Inspiration last week, we got to the pool area in the morning only to find that the chair hogs had been busy and had "reserved" all the chairs nearest the pool for themselves. I was going to wander around looking for open chairs, but my friend has a more "screw em" approach (being a guy, I guess), so we ended up using their towels and soaking up the sun.

Nobody ever came back to those chairs for their towels! I couldn't believe it. Do that many people just waste $22 on a towel?

:confused:

On my recent Liberty review I wrote about chair after chair being "hogged" by a $22 Carnival towel. There were more chairs "hogged" than being used! My question is, who ARE these people that are stupid enough to save a chair with a $22 towel? I was prepared to chuck one overboard if need be because I was so disgusted, but instead I just moved an ignorant person's book.

Probably none more ignorant than you. Why do you feel so superior that you can steal other peoples seats?

Is this really a problem on Carnival cruises? We have always cruised Princess and our first Carnival cruise is this April. On Princess cruises, we go up to the top deck, tons of decks chairs waiting for us. and we takes whichever ones we want. Granted, we never tried to get a chair by the pool, frankly, we gets annoyed with the crowd. Is it a real problem on Carnival?

No it is not. Never have seen it on any Cruise let alone a Carnival cruise. Whiners just need something to whine about

We are the type to get down to the pool early for chairs... we actually sit in them and enjoy just watching the people scramble around looking for chairs, moving chairs into their desired configuration and watching people drop their stuff on a chair and take off for literally hours on end... it's also relatively quiet during this time as most people are dropping and running for the buffet....

I haven't seen anyone mention this idea yet and it is so simple...

Make friends with those sitting around you! We make it a point to say "hey" or make small talk with those who are sitting around us... When we have to get up to use the restroom or run for a quick snack (which we usually bring back to the chair), we mention to our new-found "friends" that we will be right back... we do the same for those people ... kind of watching each other's backs...

On the same token, we take notice of those who are wandering aimlessly looking for a chair and if we notice that a chair has been unoccupied for a length of time (over an hour) and has stuff on it, we kindly mention to the wanderer, "hey, no one has been to this chair in a while, you might want to ask the pool attendant to move the stuff so you can sit down"

No rudeness and we've met some really nice people this way... Kindness goes a long way...

My question is this; do you all really stand there and watch seats to see how long they have been vacant? You may just walk up, see a chiar with a towel in it and decide the person is a chair hog. What if the person is using the pool or hot tub? I agree with a previous poster, if you are not going to use the pool and/or hot tub, why are you worried about getting a chair there? If we just want to lay out, we go to a higher deck. If I just want to read, I try to find a nice, quiet shady spot. BUT if I want to use the pool, I don't feel my towel should be in jeopardy while I swim.:cool:

Probably none more ignorant than you. Why do you feel so superior that you can steal other peoples seats?

This is not a question of turning over a seat containing a person, dumping them on the deck, and then plopping your butt in their seat. This is a question of a chair abandoned for 30 minutes or more. While it would be best to perhaps seek out the pool attendant to take care of the dirty work (and certainly not good karma to toss someone's stuff overboard), you can certainly move the person's things and take a seat at this point.

As printed in the Capers:

Reserving of Deck Chairs

As a courtesy to other guests, reserving of deck chairs is not permitted. Chairs left vacant for 30 minutes or longer will be reassigned by the Pool Attendant to waiting guests.

we were on the march 1 liberty sailing, we watched a group of 10 people put out towels by the pool. As we got off the ship at port the same 10 people were going on shore. Later that day when we returned to the ship, the towels, shoes and fruit were still on the saved chairs and noone was using them...I saw this on different occasions,,,,,It is frustrating walking around looking for chairs that have been saved for hours and not used

I thought this thread would provide some useful information and advice on what to do with the perennial problem of people leaving personal items on chairs and sunbeds and then disappearing for hours on end leaving some passengers without! However, many of the posters seem to think it's funny to "put dry towels in the towel bin", confront other passengers in an agressive manner, and even take other's towels ashore and leave them. Not to mention the huge emphasis put on the amount of alcohol they drink on a cruise (probably when not cruising as well)

I am concerned that some younger people may look at these posts and get the idea that it's OK to be a) drunk b) rude and abusive and c) uncaring about the environment. I am going on a cruise in May on an American ship in the Mediterranean and will enjoy a drink, visit the pool, and if I have seen chairs with belongings on them which are apparently not in use, I will simply move them to another area and use them. if someone is violent towards me then i will call a staff member to deal with them. I don't think it will happen as I have cruised before with RCCL in Europe with Americans (and other nationalities of course) and they have always been extremely polite and friendly. :mad: :mad:

Get off the cross. We need the wood. :rolleyes:

Archived