Attire for kids in Dining Rooms

kmch

Hi Everyone,

What is acceptable attire for kids in the dining rooms for dinner? Do boys need to wear pants every night ? Or can they get by with shorts and a nice shirt?

Thanks in advance!

:) Hi KMCH,

We were on the Pearl at Christmas and it was lovely. I have two small children and they always dressy casual for dinner.My son who is six wore khakis and a nice button down shirt or polo and my daughter who is eight wore a casual or dressy dress not a formal dress and they looked great.

Have a great cruise and don't stress about it.You will have a great cruise.

HAVE FUN

:rolleyes: tO KMCH,

It was a little cool on the ship at night inside but warmer outside but khaki shotrs would also be fine depending if you children are hot or cold all the time ,my kids are always warm.

My son wore navy shorts & polo shirts a couple of nights with no problem. He also wore nice plaid shorts with a polo shirt one night. No one ever said a word besides how cute he looked. He wore a suit on formal night & navy pants/pink oxford/white Polo sweater vest the night Kids Club went to dinner.

Debbie

I wondered about kids dress code as well as my 12 year old wears jeans to church every sunday but Christmas. For Easter and in summer it is always dressy shorts. On a Carnival cruise he wore shorts and polo at age 10 but this time we'll be doing Alaska. I'm not buying pants just for the cruise as he'll out grow them before next winter. He's always hot so I think he'll be in shorts except for formal night too.

Wow, this has been a stress reliever for us. We leave next Sunday on the Dawn and we've been shopping today. I have a 12 year old so he just makes the "may wear shorts" code. Since we live in FL and he wears shorts everywhere, even to church on Sat. nights he only owns two pairs of long pants other than jeans. One of them is for his school uniform and even though they are khaki pants he insists they are only for school. Sounds like he'll be fine with his nice shorts (khaki and plaid), jeans and one pair of pants to go with his jacket for dress up. Does that sound right?:confused:

He's always hot so I think he'll be in shorts except for formal night too.

Sounds like he'll be fine with his nice shorts (khaki and plaid), jeans and one pair of pants to go with his jacket for dress up. Does that sound right?:confused:

Remember.... all formal nights on all NCL ships are OPTIONAL in all dining venues. They are actually called "Dress up or Not Nights." You will find that less than half of the passengers will dress up on those nights. So actually you have the choice of having the kids dress up on those nights or leave the dressy clothes at home to save space. We have never worn more than polo shirts, kahki pants and tennis shoes to dinner on any NCL cruise on any night.

That is the joy of Freestyle.... the option to dress as you want!

My boys - 11 and 7 wore "dress" shorts, leather sandals and hawaiian shirts at night for dinner. The only time this was questioned was the night they went with kids club - the 11 year old - to Tsars and the kids club counsellor wanted him to wear long pants, but I told her he wore the dress shorts to Tsars before and it was not a problem. Plus we had no long pants for him - only jeans and his adidas track pants which are much more casual IMHO. She was quite surprized we had no long pants for him. When we went to Tangos one of the boys wore a sport shirt/basketball jersey which was pretty casual. I would not take them to Tsars or one of the nicer restaurants in "regular" shorts and shirts (which for my boys are those long shiny basketball shorts, t-shirts and jerseys). Have fun on the cruise!

My boys - 11 and 7 wore "dress" shorts, leather sandals and hawaiian shirts at night for dinner. The only time this was questioned was the night they went with kids club - the 11 year old - to Tsars and the kids club counsellor wanted him to wear long pants, but I told her he wore the dress shorts to Tsars before and it was not a problem. Plus we had no long pants for him - only jeans and his adidas track pants which are much more casual IMHO. She was quite surprized we had no long pants for him. When we went to Tangos one of the boys wore a sport shirt/basketball jersey which was pretty casual. I would not take them to Tsars or one of the nicer restaurants in "regular" shorts and shirts (which for my boys are those long shiny basketball shorts, t-shirts and jerseys). Have fun on the cruise!

Sounds just like my 11-yr old's wardrobe. I am glad to hear "dress" shorts, nice shirt should be ok. I plan to take 1 pair of long pants, but was hoping that he could get away with nice shorts once or twice. I always have him wear a Hawaiian type shirt or collared golf shirt with those, and it looks more dressy than some of his long pants anyway.

Archived