Miami Parking

balcony bound

Has anyone used United Airport Parking in Miami? Looks to be half what it costs to park at the port. If so, did the shuttle service work okay? Any problems? Someone have a better alternative? 8 days parking adds up!

I apologize, I am sure this info is posted somewhere, but with search down, I didn't find it.

Thanks for your helpful info!

You can find info about this parking option as well as other options for parking for the Port of Miami in the Florida Departures forum - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495 (the "search this forum" feature works)

Here is a sampling of posts re United Airport Parking in Miami from that forum.

Wow! I can't believe no one asnered your question. I hope I'm not too late

I have used this! My husband and I parked my car there for 7 days in May. :) It was worth saving the money and they took us right to the ship. We didn't have to stress our trying to figure out where to go at the port....they drove us right us to the ship. When were ready to go, we called and they came over to get us.

The drive over was a little scary though. Our driver was driving pretty fast and weaving in and out of traffic. :eek: Chances are you won't have the same driver, but be prayed up in case you do!:D

I expect this thread will be moved to that forum.

I am crusing in Feb and plan to use them again. ;)

I looked into United airport parking and decided to park at the pier since they were going to charge me extra for having a SUV. Trucks and mini vans are also considered oversized by them. So, for the smaller price difference, we just parked at the pier for convience more than anything.

One of our friends that went with us to Miami parked there and had no problems with security. They did wait almost an hour at the pier to be picked up after disembarking. But that was their only complaint.

As our friends were checking out of the Port of Miami Holiday Inn, they got directions to United parking and the hotel told him they could have parked at the hotel for the same price. So, if you are going to stay the night before, it never hurts to ask.

I hope all my rambling has helped answer some of your questions.

http://www.unitedairportparking.com/

http://www.unitedairportparking.com/

Our friends that went with us used United and were happy with everything until the shuttle back to their car, they waited and hour.

They do charge extra if you have an SUV, truck or minivan, they consider these oversize vehicles. For us the price after paying the oversize charge just wasn't worth the hassle of shuttles.

Thank you VERY much for replying! And, it was useful, since I had not considered a "minivan" to be oversized -- and that is exactly how we will get four people and all the luggage there :D

I guess I will continue to plan on parking at the port and not worry about the shuttle inconveniences. Many thanks!

Archived