Fort Lauderdale Airport

Tigerman4LSU

We are flying into the Fort Lauderdale Airport. We are using cruise air because it was actually cheaper. We do not want to use their transportation to the pier. Any recommendations on taxis or limo services in Fort Lauderdale? Also, what is the port name for Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks.

George

The following are personal observations. First: The official name for the port is PORT EVERGLADES. After sailing out of this port from the airport I have changed my thinking about transit between airport and pier. The distance from the airport to the pier is only a few miles. About a ten minute cab ride with normal traffic. Cost is about ten to twelve dollars each way on the meter (unless you get caught in traffic). I have used cruise line transfers in the past but you have to wait sometimes from 60 to 90 minutes at the airport for the buses to arrive, load and then transit to the pier. During this time I can grab a cab (they are plentiful) and be at the pier in just a few minutes instead of cooling my heels at the airport for such a long time. I do reccommend cab over bus transfer. Good luck and happy cruising.

I took a taxi from the pier to the airport today. We got stuck at a

light for awhile so the final tab was about $13.00 (before tip). Quick

and easy. I also don't like to wait for the bus to fill up. The ship is so

close to the airport I vote for taking a taxi.

Cat Girl

tigerman, go back to the boards and go to the cruise discussion topics this is where you will get your answers. The port is Port Everglades, and the port is just a few miles away from the airport. JD

Just curious as to why you are telling the OP this is the wrong forum? There is a bit of everything in this forum and the Hosts didn't jump in here . . . just curious :confused:

I took a taxi from the pier to the airport today. We got stuck at a

light for awhile so the final tab was about $13.00 (before tip). Quick

and easy. I also don't like to wait for the bus to fill up. The ship is so

close to the airport I vote for taking a taxi.

Cat Girl

were the cabs waiting outside once the ship started to let passengers off? Were there a lot of cabs available?

Archived