Anything Wrong With these 8th Floor Balcony Rooms?

scarlett68

I'm wondering if there's anything wrong with these cabins and/or this area:

8012 8014 8016 8022 and on the other side of the ship 8017 8019 8025

They seem to all be available on the Journey and I'm wondering if there's some reason. Like are they obstructed view, or do you smell smoke from above, or is the motion sickness really a problem there, or is the noise from above really bad, or is there noise from the crew quarters early in the am? I'm confused about the block of available rooms there.

Also, I heard the balconies are bigger on deck 8 - is that true? And are these somewhat mid-ship or are they considered forward (for motion sickness purposes, I mean)?

Thnks for the info:)

I am booked on 8014 and I've called Azamara several times and been assured it's a quiet room, underneath the pool but not under any chairs. Also that it's mid-ship so less rocking. Several people have reported that the higher you are the more rocking you may feel, but my thought was if they put the suites there it must be good?? Which cruise are you looking to take? I'll be curious as to the replies.

We were on the Feb. 16th Quest. We were in 8016 and my parents were in 8022. No noise from above, no obstructed view - very nice cabins. I don't know if motion was better or worse than other decks. There was some motion but nothing that bothered us. The cabins were very convenient to the pool. We enjoyed the placement and would recommend the cabins.

They seem to all be available on the Journey and I'm wondering if there's some reason. Like are they obstructed view, or do you smell smoke from above, or is the motion sickness really a problem there, or is the noise from above really bad, or is there noise from the crew quarters early in the am? I'm confused about the block of available rooms there.

Also, I heard the balconies are bigger on deck 8 - is that true? And are these somewhat mid-ship or are they considered forward (for motion sickness purposes, I mean)?

We were in 8017 on the 5-night on the Quest (10/26/07) and did not find it noisy at all - no obstructed views, and no excess movement. Could it be possible those cabins had been held out by travel agents and released?

Marti

Had 8024 in Dec., (midship)YES the ship has a more exaggerated side to side roll..in rough seas, not severe tho...on deck 8, noise never bothered us and balconies are def. NOT larger. I also sailed on 7 in Nautica....thought it was perhaps a better choice than 8. I had also thought if the Penthouses are on 8 (Sky Suites on Aza) it should be better... not really!!!:rolleyes:

Hello...

We were in an aft cabin on the Quest in February and if you're sensitive to motion sickness, I'd definitely get as close to mid-ship as possible.

This ship has a pronounced side to side roll as well as up and down (you sailors probably have a better way to describe it).

We were on deck 8 directly under eating area, bar and didn't really notice any noise from chairs or anything else. I do like deck 8 because of easy access to pool, casual dining and specialty dining rooms. In high seas I doubt if you'd notice much difference between the motion on 7 vs. 8.

We loved the ship!

murphysmum;)

We've been on 7 & 8 and DID notice a difference, it was much more noticeable, the rolling, on 8..and were close to midship on both, a bit more forward on 8, but as we traversed the hallways, didn't seem to find any respite midships to bouncing off the walls (Yes we had a tropical storm nearby for a day) Really made trying to do the buffet, carry a plate & navigate to a table and try not to touch too many surfaces because of Noro warnings!

Archived