Ferry to St. John on Sunday

tinlizzy

We want to go to St. John's again and we will be there on a Sunday.

I did a search and 1/07 was the last time this was answered and I want to make sure.

Does the public bus run on Sunday? We took the bus to Red Hook last time.

Does the ferry run on Sunday still and are the hours the same?

Is Truck Bay open to the public on Sunday? Do they rent snorkel gear on Sunday?

Thanks!

Thanks. It was the ferry and the snorkel rental that was most important. We can always catch a cab.

One more question - we will be in port until 7pm and I was thinking we could go to Trunk Bay then to Sapphire Beach for parasailing for the teens. I did a search and saw that Sapphire Beach is .06 mi from Red Hook. Can we walk there - I mean are there sidewalks to walk?

We have been to St Thomas a few times on Sunday. The 2$ buses do run on Sunday and they are a little less crowded and there is less traffic. Don't know about walking from Red Hook to Saphire but you really don't want to take the 2$ bus because they run in a loop and you would be going the wrong way.

Saw you changed your mind about Sapphire but just for reference... Red Hook to Sapphire is a short distance but no sidewalks so you have to hug the edge if walking and/or walk in the bush/grass. Its not flat all the way; flat for about half and then up hill then down hill into Sapphire.

And on Sunday afternoons at Sapphire there is a live local band at the beach side bar; popular with residents and visitors.

--Islander

Archived