Kids Club on the Dawn

Lurontravel

We are going to be on the Dawn for the 3-23-08 sailing. For those of you who have sailed NCL in the Caribbean can you answer the following questions:

1) How does the port play work. Since they do not have organized kids club on the port days, when I let them know that I am bringing my kids during a port stay, do I have to give them times we will be there, or is it enough to just tell them we will be there sometime during the day?

2) Do they treat Great Stirrup Cay like a sea day and have kids activities or a port day and charge us for port play. Also, is the Great Stirrup Cay kids things done on the island or the ship?

Thanks

In order to participate in "Group Babysitting" while in port, you have to sign up your children at least 24 hours prior to arrival in the port. It is a per hour, per child fee and you can tell them when you sign up what hours that your children will be there. They base their Babysitting staffing on the number of kids who are signed up.

I believe that GSC is just like any other port. No organized activities on board for Kids Club. But GSC is a great island experience for the kids. Who doesn't want to swim in the ocean. There are also hammocks and a white sand beach there. They also have a cookout for passengers on the island.

I was on the Dawn in 2006. Great ship. The kids pool area at the back of Deck 12 is fantastic, one of the best in the fleet. Make sure to take your kids there. The Kids Club area is really great as well.

Archived