When do they assign rooms??

BluexMoon

The rules have changed recently with Carnival. You used to not know until the very last minute. Many a time cruisers with guaranteed rooms didn't know their cabin number until they got to the dock. Even if you did the book/modify trick and found out your cabin number, it could still change several times after that.:( So you may still have a few CCers that aren't aware of the new rules tell you that you don't know until you get to the pier. Though there is a trick to finding out what cabin they assigned you by decoding the number on the back of your documents. But that isn't needed anymore due to the new rules.

With the new rules, Carnival assigns everyone a cabin by 7 weeks before the cruise. And your docks come in not long after that 7 week date goes by. Or at least mine did here recently.:) And even though I booked a guarantee, my documents had my cabin number on them and everything. That is new, because guarantees didn't use to have the cabin number on them. But they do now. I kept doing the book/modify trick for several months out and there was no assigned cabin number. But at exactly 7 weeks from my cruise, I did the book/modify trick and my cabin number was assigned. So it sounds like to me that Carnival has worked the kinks out of their new policy and is starting to assign all cabins including guarantees 7 weeks out. Or at least this has been my experience.

While everything cruisinqt posts is generally correct, our guarantee cabin started showing up on our details page at Carnival.com as early as 59 days (8+ weeks) in advance. We got documents between 4-5 weeks before sailing.

I've seen several references lately to assignments "exactly 7 weeks" or "by 7 weeks", and don't know where that comes from. Carnival's original announcement, published Aug. 3 in Cruise News Daily, stated guarantee cabins would be assigned 6-8 weeks in advance. My TA relates that a Carnival representative tells him the time will vary depending on how close to fully-booked a ship is, and the influence a cruiser's TA has.

In any case, the assignment are being made now in advance.

All this gty stuff is still new to me, since this is the first time (and last) that I book gty. My book/modify still shows TBA, and docs that I rec'd on Friday for 11/1 cruise sez only "gtee". So who really knows??? It's all a mystery.:rolleyes:

My niece is exactly 2 weeks today from her sailing date. She recieved her docs about 4 weeks ago, the luggage tags say GTEE..the number on the back of her docs say E220 after her booking number, HOWEVER, she called Carnival and was told that she would not know her cabin number until she arrived at the pier.

All of this seems very strange to me.....as far as my cruise is concerned, we are exactly 7 weeks out today and no cabin assignment or docs yet

I haven't been able to use the BookModify for weeks now booked through a TA not Carnival, maybe that's why. Reserved an 8A Guarantee, received my docs today...yippee!!! 29 days out from sail date, luggage tags are gray and TBA. So we won't know our cabin until we get to the ship. There's no number after the booking number. Interesting thing though, under "Embark" on the docs it states :

1:30PM until 3:30PM

Port Everglades

Pier 19

Skipper's Club - VIP Check IN

Do I dare hope?!!!!

Same with ours - less than three weeks and we still have TBA, but then we expected that when we booked guaranteed OV. At least we will have a room with a view, which is what we paid for, and it's only for three days, so a balcony isn't all that important.

28_1_16.gif Heading for Florida in four days!

Slinkie

Archived