Nice hotels near Port for Voyager to Bermuda

JacDro

Has anyone stayed day prior or after? Looking for a nice hotel for a day prior and after for shopping and sightseeing in New York. Definitely needs an indoor pool. We are used to flying out of Florida where the weather is hot at the end of May so my grandkids definitely want a pool. How are the waters leaving the port? Is it a rough ride? Thanks for the info. Have a great day.

say farmington hills, when ya going?

this is dearborn, scheduled may 29.

staying at doubletree in jersey city, $119 nt, short walk to path train to manhattan. stayed in manhattan last year for canadian voyager cruise, very expensive transfers.

Hey there - we (me - mom (54), daughter, Danielle (31), her son, Zachary 11 and daughter, Kacie 5, daugher, Nicole (22), and her significant other, Jesse, and daughter, Samantha (21) will be on the May 29th sailing of the Voyager. Very excited to have another cruise planned.

Are you flying into Newark? Would you please give me a little information of getting back and forth for shopping and sightseeing in New York. Did you stay in New York the first time? Cost of transfers, etc.? You can email me at JacDro@aol.com if you prefer.

Look forward to getting to know you before the cruise. Going to post on the Meet and MIngle Board to see who else is going.

Talk to you soon.

Jacki

Do yourself a favor and find a hotel in the city. I lived in the area most of my life would not recommend any hotel in Jersey City. The pier is located in a very remote area (old militaty installation). Take a taxi or hire a limo to take you to the pier. The light rail stop is a ling distance to the terminal.

Have been to Bermuda many times via NY and the waters can be a little rough....but just came back form Voyager 9 day and really didn't have any problems with motions (8/27 sailing ). Will be doing June 25th sailing to Bermuda...

Gerry

Booked Northwest To Newark For $251.

Last Time We Went Thru Laguardia. Stayed At Belvedere In Nyc Near Times Square - Great Hotel And Location !

However, Taxi To Hotel - $35, Taxi To Port - $80, Taxi Port To Laguardia - $45. Ouch !!

Many People On The Pre/post Cruise Board Recommended Doubletree, Hyatt Or Another I Forget, In Jersey City. Path Train Less Than 2 Blocks, 5 Min To Manhattan. Sold Us !

Manhattan Meals - Take Out A 2nd Mortgage !! $18 For A Reuben. That Is With A Pickle, Of Course !

JacDro, we have a thread started on the meet and mingle board titled "Voyager of the Seas - 5/29/2005" I think its back on page 3 now. I am having a hard time keeping it on page 1, come on over and join us, we could use your help!

Archived