Did something terrible happen on the Freedom?

Hotfire

So sad regardless of the age, but it's especially bad when it's a child. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Jessemon, are you serious? That's heartbreaking too. And her poor boyfriend living with that guilt for the rest of his life.

Hopefully he will get help ,to reassure him he is not responsible for what others do, before that long.She must had had some deep ingrained issues.

So sad regardless of the age, but it's especially bad when it's a child. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Jessemon, are you serious? That's heartbreaking too. And her poor boyfriend living with that guilt for the rest of his life.

As a heart attack. Living in Florida every time something happens on cruiselines it gets told here. The ship was just south of the Forida Keys when she did it.......

As a heart attack. Living in Florida every time something happens on cruiselines it gets told here. The ship was just south of the Forida Keys when she did it.......

were did you all read the stories....that is so awful on both counts....how terrible for the families.......thoughts and prayers

I feel so sorry for this family. But it has happened twice a Disney. If parents are not presistant with doctors, they do not know their child has a problem. Sounds to me like this young girl had a heart condition. Maybe they knew about it, but missed a dose or two of meds and that is what caused it. OR maybe they did not know she had a heart condition, and got too excited and did too much, more than she was use to, and it just got to her. Until the autopsy is done, as it was with the 2 kids in Florida, they will not know what happen.

One of those families wanted to sue Disney because of their child dying on a ride, when the autopsy was done, the parents withdrew their plea, because they had no idea that their 4 yo son had a heart condition and Mission space was no place for him. That ride is scary enough even for a healthy heart if you have a problem with height, speed, or tight spaces.

I am not saying this is what happen, although it could have been, but if her heart quit beating, it is possible they knew nothing about a heart problem with her.

OMG....i can imagine....my thoughts and prayers goes out to the family

They were in port & rented Jet ski's The mom was on one jet ski with her son & her daughter & boyfriend were on another, Unfornately they run into each other & her 7 year old son was hit pretty hard & did not survive:( It was their 1st family vacation & still had one more day at sea. This just happened on RCCL in July07

Thats so sad, I wonder why her parents didn't leave her home to see a doctor. Traveling takes a toll on people especially when they are sick.

poor girl.

Fred

Unfortunately, with children, they can go downhill in a literal heartbeat. What may have been a mild headache turns into a fatal anyurism. A little dizziness turns out to be a fatal and yet unknown heart defect.

Quite probably the parents didn't have a clue the girl was so close to death, or else they would have had her checked out. And even then, a doctor may have missed the underlying cause of death in an otherwise healthy child.

Also last week a girl got mad at her boyfriend and just jumped overboard right in front of him....To this point she has not been recovered.....

This "girl" was a 39 year old woman who should have known better.. if she jumped. I feel for her parents as they are questioning the whole incident. She was afraid of heights, so her jumping would have been highly unlikely unless she was intoxicated.

that is very sad about the young girl :(

the story about the woman jumping overboard...they are saying that the boyfriend may have pushed her. They had a really really rocky relationship and went on this cruise to patch things up and they had a fight and then well..nobody knows

Why do you people need to specuate on what happened with the little girl. She passed away does it make you feel better to say that maybe the parents knew she had a heart problem or what. I feel very sorry for the parents no matter what the reason for the girl passing. My heart goes out to them as this is a real tragedy.

They were in port & rented Jet ski's The mom was on one jet ski with her son & her daughter & boyfriend were on another, Unfornately they run into each other & her 7 year old son was hit pretty hard & did not survive:( It was their 1st family vacation & still had one more day at sea. This just happened on RCCL in July07

I am sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how painful that would be for your family.

that is very sad about the young girl :(

the story about the woman jumping overboard...they are saying that the boyfriend may have pushed her. They had a really really rocky relationship and went on this cruise to patch things up and they had a fight and then well..nobody knows

"pushed her".. exactly how does one get "pushed " off a cruise ship? Climb over a railing and jump, sure I can see that. Get picked up and thrown over, yes I can see that too.. but pushed off? ... very very un-likely.

The girl who jumped did a very stupid thing. I don't see why he would live with guilt because she was mad at him. (???)

Of course it was stupid. However, put yourself in his shoes. Whatever he did or didn't do to tick her off led to her jumping off the ship. I personally would always question what I could have done differently if I apologized, stopped her, didn't do whatever in the first place. What she did was selfish, but he has to live with her decision.

So very sorry for your loss. I remember reading about the accident.

###

"pushed her".. exactly how does one get "pushed " off a cruise ship? Climb over a railing and jump, sure I can see that. Get picked up and thrown over, yes I can see that too.. but pushed off? ... very very un-likely.

I think that happens more than you think! Her family members are not convinced that she jumped.

###

OMG, that's so horrible!! :eek: :( I'm sitting here with tears running down my face. :( I feel so horrible for the family and her friends and I will be keeping them in my thoughts. It's good to think that she died in such a wonderful and beautiful place and she had her family and friends there and was probably having the time of her life. :D

May she rest in peace. :)

I think that happens more than you think! Her family members are not convinced that she jumped.

###

I am not saying she did not have "help". What I am saying is... you can't be pushed from a cruise ship, like one might get pushed into a pool. There are guards/railing everywhere. I have yet to see any place on any crusie ship the Pax can go that if pushed one would just fall off the ship. There is always a railing or some such you must go over, never just a bare edge with a drop off.

However, put yourself in his shoes. Whatever he did or didn't do to tick her off led to her jumping off the ship.

So they have determined that she wasn't a nut case and didn't have and emotional issues in the first place? Gimmie a break.

They announced that the search was called off two days later. She will never be found, unfortunately. Personally, I thought it was a pretty bone headed thing to do, so she gets what she gets. Who the heck jumps off a cruise ship and thinks they are going to make a point that way?:confused:

Some people love the drama. I bet she was dopey enough to think that if she jumped she would be rescued right away and the boyfriend would be so upset at the thought of almost losing her that he would "tow the line" and kiss her butt and always let her get her way so she never did that again.

Well how did that work out.

DS was going out with a girl who when things didn't go her way, made a big scene. Usually very loud and in public. I must have done something right in raising him because he would try so hard to calm her down or else just quietly walk away.

I would have killed her.

finally enough was enough, and DS told her he wanted to break up. She called him a bit later and said she slit her wrists . My son rushed over there in a panic and finds her sitting watching tv with a mark the size of a paper cut on the side of her arm.

That was three years ago , he hasn't seen her since and she is still very much alive

Archived