BofA RC visa points question

Sorry, this will be a long question. I am a detail person. I have a family of 4 and I have 75,000 royal points. I would like to put my 2 kids in a promenade room across the hall from my dw and my e2 balcony. I'm not sure what a companion fare is as defined by RC. Can I use the free companion fare for my wife in the e1 balcony up to $1500 and pay the remainder along with my fare for the balcony? Or do you have to have more than 2 people in a room in order to use the free companion fare?

To get a free companion fare for a balcony room on a 7-day cruise you need 125,000 points. It takes 2-4 weeks after you call BOA to get the certificate, which you then mail to RCCL. The certificate expires 6 months (180 days) from the date of issue. You can send it in after final payment - RCCL will credit your credit card for the applicable fare.

If you are going with the free companion oceanview stateroom for 75,000 points, I think RCCL will probably credit up to the amount of an oceanview fare (e.g. if an oceanview companion fare is $1,199, that will be the credit you get). I would call to make sure you can use that for a balcony room though.

Archived