All Things Freedom of the Seas!

how often do they have bingo on FOS, how much is it to play, how much can you win (cash-wise) and is the "win a cruise" game a "must go" game or do you have to get bingo in a certain amount of numbers?

obviously i'm asking for my wife and not me. ;);););)

I don't remember how much bingo cost (it wasn't cheap) but I do know that near the end of the cruise they have a winner take all game where the jackpot is big. We were lucky and won over $7000 (US). Paid for our cruise and them some. The earlier part of the week the jackpots are much lower, it depends on how many people play. Be warned it is very addicting!!!

Sorry you have soooo long to wait for you cruise but from my point of view it's nice to know that someone else has such a long wait. We aren't going unitl April of 2010. Sooner that you but still a LONG ways away.:confused:

I don't remember how much bingo cost (it wasn't cheap) but I do know that near the end of the cruise they have a winner take all game where the jackpot is big. We were lucky and won over $7000 (US). Paid for our cruise and them some. The earlier part of the week the jackpots are much lower, it depends on how many people play. Be warned it is very addicting!!!

Sorry you have soooo long to wait for you cruise but from my point of view it's nice to know that someone else has such a long wait. We aren't going unitl April of 2010. Sooner that you but still a LONG ways away.:confused:

we are going before you. 10th jan 2010. we write our dates differently in sunny (not) England.

i should really get one of those countdown thingies on the bottom. i will do that when i get home from work.

oh it worked. i have one. yay!

Molly... we'll be on the Freedom the week before you! :) I'll try to make sure we keep the ship presentable for you! :D

OH... Like your countdown, but... your date is a little off (1 Januray 2010 instead of the 10th). ;)

cheers for that. how do i change it? when i go into the countdown clocks section, it only gives me month and year option. :confused::confused:

Click on "Countdown Clocks" at the top of the page. Under the "Pick A Date" section, you should see "Year," "Month," and "Day." Maybe you have to scroll your screen over to view it? I hope it works for you!!!!!!

ETA: Try to copy and paste this into your User CP signature link. That should work. ;)

countdown.pl?name=MollyTheCat&date=1-10-2010&image=Beach-2&text=&ship=Freedom of the Seas

Edited by QTMichele

Cheers! Your countdown looks great. :) Oh - I'm one of those "meticulous planners" too, but I call it OCD (obsessive cruise disorder). :D

i always get stick for it, but it has paid off because our 3 previous cruises have been brilliant.

part 1 of my planning is to upgrade my camera. i love taking photos and have so many of ships and ports etc.. but want them to be of a better quality.

Does FOS have a large area for sun-worshippers? i was just wondering how crowded it gets, particularly on sea-days.

It does have quite a large area. It was crowded, but not too bad as the deck patrol was out in full force to keep the chair hogs at bay. The sunny days were so hot that people did not camp out all day anyway, at least not in the solarium.

Molly - I haven't sailed on the Freedom class (yet!), but it's a lot like the Voyager class (I've sailed on Mariner). My guess is that chairs by the pools will be hard to come by on sea days, but the deck above has many chairs where you should be able to find a seat without a problem. You won't have to worry about getting beverages - there are bars everywhere AND staff walking around asking to take your order (sometimes it's too much!). The solarium is more intimate and smaller than the main pool area.

Cuizer2 - Thanks for those pix!!! Only 25 more days to go for me and you are helping them go by faster with all of those great pix!!!

I can't see how people say they cannot find a pool chair - it looks like there are SOOOO many. And I do not mind at all being "above" the pool. Oh well, I guess I will find out for myself in a few weeks. We will be on Freedom during Prime Spring Break time here in the midwest. So I think the ship will be pretty full with LOTS of kids (mine included ;))

Edited by T&Tmom

Cuizer2 - Thanks for those pix!!! Only 25 more days to go for me and you are helping them go by faster with all of those great pix!!!

I can't see how people say they cannot find a pool chair - it looks like there are SOOOO many. And I do not mind at all being "above" the pool. Oh well, I guess I will find out for myself in a few weeks. We will be on Freedom during Prime Spring Break time here in the midwest. So I think the ship will be pretty full with LOTS of kids (mine included ;))

You will have a great time! Freedom is a great ship!

To TTand mom: We'll see you onboard! we're there too. My child is eleven. How old are yours?

16 and 8(turns 9 on the cruise) both boys. I think you are on the roll call too - right? So I will see you there! Only a couple weeks left. :D

When the Freedom was first coming out I thought I remembered reading that there were hammocks in the solarium but looking at the pictures posted by Cuizer2 (beautiful by the way) I do not see any hammocks. Did I imagine it or did they remove them.:confused:

The hammock was also shown on Samantha Brown's cruise show about the Freedom, but I didn't see any Hammocks in November when I was on the ship. I will admit that I didn't speciffically look for it, but I was in the solarium area a lot.