All Things Freedom of the Seas!

When the Freedom was first coming out I thought I remembered reading that there were hammocks in the solarium but looking at the pictures posted by Cuizer2 (beautiful by the way) I do not see any hammocks. Did I imagine it or did they remove them.:confused:

I've only heard about them at Labadee and Coco Cay. Definitely not there now(or at least when I was there)

Hard to believe Freedom was almost a year ago!

Trying to post my first pic. Can someone tell me how to make the picutres bigger than thumbnail size

Put them on another website and then enter them as an image and reference the website (click on insert image in the post box

Hi I am thinking of going on the Freedom in Feb. It will be either an inside romm or a promenade room. Any thought's??? Are the promenade rooms noisey? Never been on the shipp but all the photo's that have been shared in this thread make me want to go!!!

I had an inside room to myself and it was just fine. The two twins were pushed together and it was extremely comfortable. I thought I wouldn't do well with an inside and was pleasantly surprised at how cozy I felt in there. I really enjoyed that cabin. It was perfect for one person.

When the Freedom was first coming out I thought I remembered reading that there were hammocks in the solarium but looking at the pictures posted by Cuizer2 (beautiful by the way) I do not see any hammocks. Did I imagine it or did they remove them.:confused:

No hammocks on 2/8. They were removed.

We are a group of about 25 going on my mothers 87th Birthday cruise. Some of us are Diamond and Platinum, regardless all of us have been RCCL Cruisers. We were told on our last Cruise that most of the larger ships have private dining rooms that would accomodate our group, although they could not tell us whether the Freedom did or did not. I am trying to find out how to request this room for dining (if there is one!)? Any suggestions? We booked direct w/ RCCL and I called and they said to talk w/ the Maitre D upon boarding. I would really like to have this done (reserved) prior, so we do not have to re-arrange 25+ for dinner seating.

Trying to post my first pic. Can someone tell me how to make the picutres bigger than thumbnail size

attachment.php?attachmentid=107934&d=1235941046

The photo needs to be hosted on the Internet somewhere. Two popular, and free, photo hosting sites are Photobucket and Webshots. There are others.

We are a group of about 25 going on my mothers 87th Birthday cruise. Some of us are Diamond and Platinum, regardless all of us have been RCCL Cruisers. We were told on our last Cruise that most of the larger ships have private dining rooms that would accomodate our group, although they could not tell us whether the Freedom did or did not. I am trying to find out how to request this room for dining (if there is one!)? Any suggestions? We booked direct w/ RCCL and I called and they said to talk w/ the Maitre D upon boarding. I would really like to have this done (reserved) prior, so we do not have to re-arrange 25+ for dinner seating.

Call Royal Caribbean and ask for group sales or group services.

am trying to budget for spends.

how much is the soda card? and how long is that for/what does that entitle you to/where from??etc...

how much is say a single can of coke?

is there a link to a bar menu/ben&jerrys menu etc anywhere?.

cheers guys

how much is the soda card? and how long is that for/what does that entitle you to/where from??etc... The soda package is for the entire week $42 for adults and $28 for age 17 and under, plus 15% gratuity. It includes fountain (bar gun) coke, diet coke, sprite, gingerale.

how much is say a single can of coke? $2.24 each INCLUDING gratuity.

I have heard that they also have or will have a bottled water pkg, but I don't know the details. Perhaps someone else does.

is there a link to a bar menu/ben&jerrys menu etc anywhere?. Search bar menu and it should come up.

cheers guys

Happy Cruising!

how much is the soda card? and how long is that for/what does that entitle you to/where from??etc...

how much is say a single can of coke?

is there a link to a bar menu/ben&jerrys menu etc anywhere?.

cheers guys

I found this on one of the other boards:

It all varies...it's been a while since i've cruised, but I'll try to give you a good breakdown of what you can expect...any kind of liquor and coke/sprite/tonic etc is around 6.56 after gratuity. wine ranges from 8 for the cheapest, on up with grat (by the glass). I think the cheapest bottle of wine is white zin for 19 dollars a bottle? you can purchast the coke card and safe some money. i don't drink soft drinks but think it's 7 dollars a day for all you can drink soft drinks...ummm....beer is around 4 dollars and grat. that goes up when you get into the import beer. a bucket of beer, domestics of course, is 5 for 20 plus grat..which if you get the bud, bud light, mich ultra, you get 5 16 oz aluminum cans which isn't bad at all...and im not too sure on the prices, this is just a general guideline...and oh yeah...froo froo drinks are around 9 dollars for the souveneir glass...

Thanks to all for the quick responses.

I think that is what we will end up doing, dropping them off in the morning of the 1st sea day (we are taking the western route - so its the 1st morning after departure day) at AO and see if they enjoy it, checking up on them at lunch time and go from there.

Our cruise is going to be on August 16-23 (so far no Roll Call for this sailing yet...), its the week before my kids go back to school. Typically during that time, are the ships packed with families like ourselves wanting to go on that last vacation before school, or would it be less crowded considering some of the kids would already be back in school by that time? I know price wise it is significantly cheaper if we waited to go on the Freedom the following week (eastern) or 2 weeks later (western), but since we had to fit it around the kids' schedules *grumble* we had very little choice.

I know I will have about a hundred more questions about this ship and the ports we will visit in the next few days, so please bear with me :D You guys are the best.

Sailing on the same cruise too. There actually is a thread going - come join us - here is the link. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=819044

I will be sailing with my husband and 9 year old daughter. She is a little trepidatious about going to AO - so I think I am going to go to AO the first night also - maybe we will see each other there.

It has taken me hours, but I am caught up in this thread, and thanks to all who have posted for the wealth of info.

I will be cruising on FOS in November with about 20 family members. It started out as 5 of us and keeps growing. Thankfully the price keeps going up and the number of available rooms keeps going down, so I think we will remain at 22 total.

Anyway, usually when we try to get a large group of family together it is hard to get everyone in the same place at the same time to do anything, so we are aiming to all eat dinner together and anything else is a bonus.

I am trying to come up with some fun, not totally stupid group activities that everyone can participate in. One of my nieces suggested a scavenger hunt on the ship. We figured the easiest way we can do this would be to give everyone the same list of things to find, locate- and have them take pictures of at least 20 of the items (maybe out of 30 or something).

My only problem with that idea, is that since none of us have been on the ship yet- I am finding it hard to come up with things to "find". I would really appreciate it if any of you who have sailed on the ship could help me come up with a list.

Thanks!

This may be a whole different cruise than you expect---because it will have around 1200 motorcycle enthusiast on it with a group called Hogs on the High Seas. It's actually a huge fund raiser for dialysis patients. You could have a totally different scavenger hunt. Ck out the group you will be with. https://www.hogsonthehighseas.com

We also have a roll call started come ck it out on RCCL roll call boards.

I apologise in advance if this has already been asked.

I am booking my cruise next week. July 12-19 Eastern Carribean. (15th Wedding anniversary)

I am looking at D2 balcony cabins ( NC rates are discounted on these cabins.)

My choices are on Deck 6 (6240, 6358, 6540 or 6658).

Other choice is Deck 9 9370.

Which would you pick? basically Deck 6 or 9?

Thanks in advance folks! THis is my second cruise with RCCL.

1st cruise was Valentines week on Mariner back in 2004.

Boarding begins when the ship is ready for the new passengers. If the ship is ready early, then boarding begins early. If the ship is ready on time, then boarding begins on time. If the ship is ready late, then boarding begins late.

this made me howl!!

We are booked in cabin 1400 I have seen pictures of 1700 but not of the whole cabin. We are crusing with my DD (9) and she will be on the pull out couch. There seems to be no privacy, no curtain between our bed and the couch. Is that right? Also, she sometimes will relax and watch TV during the afternoon and I can't see where there is a TV that faces any furniture.

Last question (for now) what late nt is the pool party?