All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Have you read the latest review of the Eastern FoS -got back 6/7 ??

They had lots of bad things to say.

I read the review. I would not put too much faith in what that person had to say. There are a few parts to the review that leaving wondering a little about the reviewer. Basically I would say that person didn't like the food. Okay, that is fairly subjective. The rest, it was neutral to good.

I just read the review you're talking about. She said all the food was bad and then, in the next sentence, she said Chops was good, Sorrentos was good. She went ... she didn't go??? Dogs were emaciated? If I were you, I'd chalk this up to miserable people and read the other hundred reviews. If the MDR is bad, go somewhere else. There are plenty of places to eat on the FOS. I think her biggest complaint was tipping. hmmmm. At least she didn't throw anything in about "chair hogs" ... that would have completed her rant. OK, off my soapbox

I just read the review you're talking about. She said all the food was bad and then, in the next sentence, she said Chops was good, Sorrentos was good. She went ... she didn't go??? Dogs were emaciated? If I were you, I'd chalk this up to miserable people and read the other hundred reviews. If the MDR is bad, go somewhere else. There are plenty of places to eat on the FOS. I think her biggest complaint was tipping. hmmmm. At least she didn't throw anything in about "chair hogs" ... that would have completed her rant. OK, off my soapbox

She probably WAS one of those chair hoggers and didn't get caught.

Hmmmm - she seems a bit nit picky and maybe judgemental? (I know its a review but I meant in her attitude towards people and service) Food is a very subjective thing, I think - and it seems she only panned the Main Dining Room food and the service - seems the servers gave other tables too much attention?:rolleyes: I agree with the other poster that she would be hard to please no matter what.

And if she found the animals to be suffering than I hope she keeps that in mind and tries to help - many avenues to do it if you just search 'animal welfare' in the area you are looking for. Most likely the animal welfare group on that island is underfunded and could use some help. It's always good when people spread compassion and love to other beings -good for the animals and good for our soul! :) Although I sort of felt she found it to be more of an eyesore than anything else...:rolleyes::(

We were on the FOS the last week of May (Western). We found the food very good. The MDR was good with excellent wait staff. If we couldn't decide on which item we wanted for dinner they would bring out both entree's or double the appetizers. Many at our table had seconds on lobster night. Very accommodating. Windjammer is a buffet with buffet food. Not the best but certainly good. We did not go hungry.:p

Formal nights are Monday and Thursday.

My only complaint is the expensive drinks. Bar bill was outrageous!!:eek:

All of you just off Freedom did Richard Spacey still do his "Evolution of Dance" routine? Anyone know for sure if he is on until December? Thanks

Great question. My kids love watching the "Evolution of Dance" on youtube. We're really hoping Richard does it.

Does anyone know about the mystery dinner on FOS? is it something worth doing? I saw that it was $50.00.

What night do they have it? I know it was in Portofinos.

Thanks

Doug

Mystery Dinner is on the first night. I've heard many like it.

We were on the FOS the last week of May (Western). We found the food very good. The MDR was good with excellent wait staff. If we couldn't decide on which item we wanted for dinner they would bring out both entree's or double the appetizers. Many at our table had seconds on lobster night. Very accommodating. Windjammer is a buffet with buffet food. Not the best but certainly good. We did not go hungry.:p

Formal nights are Monday and Thursday.

My only complaint is the expensive drinks. Bar bill was outrageous!!:eek:

I agree almost completely. We were on Freedom the week before you. We had been very disappointed with the food on another RCI cruise 2 1/2 years ago. Myabe it was because of lower expectations, but we were quite happy with the food this time. It wasn't great, but we were mostly satisfied. (There was one night where a "steak" looked more like something that had been sliced from a roast, and I don't mean prime rib.)

And by all means, don't be afraid to order multiple items. Our waiter was very accomodating: if I wanted the chicken, say, but asked what the fish dish was like, he'd say, "I'll bring it for you also." One night, my wife ordered two appetizers, two entrees and two desserts. Our waiter picked up within a couple of days that a couple if my in-laws were in the restaurant business (I guess our table savoured/analyzed our food more than some people that just plowed through their meals; we were usually among the last to leave the dining room.) There were Indian curry dishes on the menu almost every night, as a vegetarian option. They were fairly small portions, but quite flavourful, so they made a great second entree.

The pizzas at Sorrentos are also very good, and the daily paninis I tried.

Just got word from RCCL that CD Richard Spacey will be on Freedom for the Aug 16 cruise. Capt will be Erik Tengelson.

Now if I can just find out if Spacey is still doing his "evolution of dance" routine...... hmmmmm may just have to wait to find out.

Edited by birthdaysurprise

Well Leigh told the whole boat on the farewell show that he was just filling in (his real title is activities director I believe)... they showed a video of him and Spacey and explained that Spacey was the director and that is why he was in all the Royal Caribbean commercials that are on the TVs....

Does anyone remember what Leigh said his real last name was? I wanted to see if he has a Myspace or Facebook...

(Remember how he said his last name was too complicated, so they used his middle name and called him Leigh Daniels for the cruise)

Just got off Freedom today.. Richard Spacey was still on (Leigh is leaving for another CD job...was his last day). He did the Evolution of Dance as well.

I have to say, of all the cruises and CD's I've seen, Richard Spacey blew me away. It's one thing to have a tough job like that, it's a whole other to be an amazing entertainer too!! I'm glad he's going on Oasis - he deserves that and I really can't imagine a better CD.

Just got off Freedom today.. Richard Spacey was still on (Leigh is leaving for another CD job...was his last day). He did the Evolution of Dance as well.

I have to say, of all the cruises and CD's I've seen, Richard Spacey blew me away. It's one thing to have a tough job like that, it's a whole other to be an amazing entertainer too!! I'm glad he's going on Oasis - he deserves that and I really can't imagine a better CD.

Any feedback on your cruise? I am a Freedom junkie right now...we leave on her Sunday!