All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Is there a traditional piano bar on Freedom with evening entertainment? If so, which one is it? Do they have entertainers that involve the crowd in a lively atmosphere? I would love to hear anyone's experiences and maybe a list of favorite performers.

Is there a traditional piano bar on Freedom with evening entertainment? If so, which one is it? Do they have entertainers that involve the crowd in a lively atmosphere? I would love to hear anyone's experiences and maybe a list of favorite performers.

Yes. We spent many evenings in that bar. It is called Schooners. Cannot wait to go back in June!

My wife and I were just debating on weather or not to have a pack&play in the room or just use the couch. We are in a D1 Balcony and don't want to have too many things crowding the room. Also will the room steward make up the pull out every morning or is that on us ???

We had a pack in play on the liberty in a D1 and it wasn't too much for the room. We left it up all the time but never asked for it to be put away. The sheets were not changed (just like a normal bed) during the cruise until feeding went bad one morning. We just took the sheet out and asked the cabin steward for a new one. He changed it no problem. We left it up so it was ready for the "I need a nap now!" time.

We had a pack in play on the liberty in a D1 and it wasn't too much for the room. We left it up all the time but never asked for it to be put away. The sheets were not changed (just like a normal bed) during the cruise until feeding went bad one morning. We just took the sheet out and asked the cabin steward for a new one. He changed it no problem. We left it up so it was ready for the "I need a nap now!" time.

OK so the room steward WILL put up the pack and play as well. Thank you for the info

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me with three questions:

1) Does the juice bar "squeeze" cost extra?

2) I've heard some say that Johnny Rockets serves breakfast for free. Is this true? How early is it open?

3) Does anyone know anything about booking a spa treatment on Labadee? How long is it? What does it cost? How do you sign up for it?

Can anyone help me with three questions:

1) Does the juice bar "squeeze" cost extra?

2) I've heard some say that Johnny Rockets serves breakfast for free. Is this true? How early is it open?

3) Does anyone know anything about booking a spa treatment on Labadee? How long is it? What does it cost? How do you sign up for it?

1. All bars on the ship are "extra" or ala-carte.

2. Not true. They open at 11:30 a.m each day. It's a $4.95 service charge for all the burgers, fries, onion rings and so forth that you desire, but shakes and sodas (unless you have the soda package) are An additional charge.

3. I'm sorry, I know nothing about this one, other than it is very expensive.

Have fun on FOS! We were on her in January.

Dave

1. All bars on the ship are "extra" or ala-carte.

2. Not true. They open at 11:30 a.m each day. It's a $4.95 service charge for all the burgers, fries, onion rings and so forth that you desire, but shakes and sodas (unless you have the soda package) are An additional charge.

3. I'm sorry, I know nothing about this one, other than it is very expensive.

Have fun on FOS! We were on her in January.

Dave

I have also heard that JR's was open for breakfast as well. Could it only be for certain ships and not fleetwide?

I just returned from FOS Eastern 3/11-3/18.

I have pics in my Flickr account.

Hi Flopthis - did you do bernards tour in st marten ?? if so, how was it? I have it booked in 2 weeks..... last time we went to SM, we went on our own to Maho and did Sunset Beach Bar.... so we figured we would do a tour this time....

I just returned from FOS Eastern 3/11-3/18.

I have pics in my Flickr account.

Thanks for posting; your Promenade Family Cabin looks roomy. Makes me want to consider it over a D1 when we have 3 in our cabin.

I like your door too - Go Jayhawks! (Formerly from Topeka)

Hi Flopthis - did you do bernards tour in st marten ?? if so, how was it? I have it booked in 2 weeks..... last time we went to SM, we went on our own to Maho and did Sunset Beach Bar.... so we figured we would do a tour this time....

We're sailing in October doing an EC. Would be interested in what tours/excursions y'all would recommend (whether RCI or other reputable tour outfit)?

We did and I loved it! We just sat back and let our driver do everything. Only thing we had t worry about was which drink to get.

David was our driver and so knowledgable about this beautiful island. I learned so much about her! (probably MORE than I wanted to know)

You don't get all that info with a taxi driver or on your own. It seemed like everyone on the island knew Bernard and were overly accepting and nice to us. I would do his tour again and again! Of course the best part was Maho Beach!

We're sailing in October doing an EC. Would be interested in what tours/excursions y'all would recommend (whether RCI or other reputable tour outfit)?

on St Thomas we did the Sea Turtle sail and snorkel- IMO- it was "OK". Next time I'll do a beach or an island tour-similar to Bernards.

In St. Martin we did Bernards and he is just awesome! I can't say enough good things about him and his company.

Thanks for posting; your Promenade Family Cabin looks roomy. Makes me want to consider it over a D1 when we have 3 in our cabin.

I like your door too - Go Jayhawks! (Formerly from Topeka)

We were cmpletey spoiled by the Family Promenade. You have to have 5 to book it- my nephew back out. And RCCL didn't have us switch. My kids enjoyed looking out the window every day.

on St Thomas we did the Sea Turtle sail and snorkel- IMO- it was "OK". Next time I'll do a beach or an island tour-similar to Bernards.

In St. Martin we did Bernards and he is just awesome! I can't say enough good things about him and his company.

So...how does one go about getting info on his tour/booking it? Is he listed on the thread for SM?

Thanks for sharing the great pictures, too!

I just thought this had to be started so let the discussion begin! haha:D

We are sailing on FOS May 6th to the Eastern Caribbean. Can anyone tell me what nights the formal nights are? I assume they are on days at sea, but am not sure. Anyone help???

So...how does one go about getting info on his tour/booking it? Is he listed on the thread for SM?

Thanks for sharing the great pictures, too!

Just go to http://www.bernardstours.com and make your reservation there. They will send you a confirmation email and you just pay them in cash at the beginning of the tour. It's easily worth twice the price :)

We are sailing on FOS May 6th to the Eastern Caribbean. Can anyone tell me what nights the formal nights are? I assume they are on days at sea, but am not sure. Anyone help???

Monday and Friday are formal nights.

IMHO-If you are looking to "skip" main dinner- it would be Day 4 or 5. By then, I was looking for something other than what was on the menu.

I won't be on FOS Eastern for close to a year, but my mind is actively planning.:):) Another friend of mine told me about Bernard's so I was already considering it. It sounds like you get to see quite a few things on the island.

I have to ask...was Orient Beach awkward? My husband already said he's keeping his swim trunks on, lol.

I loved your pictures, from both the link and the ones from formal night. Being goofy is much more fun than being serious!!