All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Does anybody know if the junior suite balcony for rooms 1406 and 1706 on deck 10 aft connect on freedom of the seas? I know the rooms connect with the balcony on each side, but we would like to book 2 jr suites, and we are hoping the balconies connect. Thanks

Hello Cruise Lovers!

What are some awesome things about the Freedom of the Seas? Any tips or secrets for this ship? My husband and I will be sailing on this ship in December of 2018 for the first time and wanted to get some advice or tips on what to expect on this ship. Any suggestions are welcome :)

Does anybody know if the junior suite balcony for rooms 1406 and 1706 on deck 10 aft connect on freedom of the seas? I know the rooms connect with the balcony on each side, but we would like to book 2 jr suites, and we are hoping the balconies connect. Thanks

Balcony dividers cannot be opened on Freedom's aft facing staterooms.

Hi gang -

I'm sailing the Freedom with my family for Spring Break on 03/31, which is the 8-night Eastern itinerary. Does anybody who has sailed recently know what current drink prices are, or where I might find them? I've heard that RCI recently increased their prices to encourage passengers to purchase a package. In the past, the amount I typically drink on a cruise tends to be right at the break-even point for the package and my wife probably doesn't get her money's worth. I've purchased them for the sake of convenience, but am not sure what to do this time.

Apologies if this horse has been beaten to death. I typically only frequent this forum when our next cruise is imminent, because it's too painful for me otherwise. :)

Hi gang -

I'm sailing the Freedom with my family for Spring Break on 03/31, which is the 8-night Eastern itinerary. Does anybody who has sailed recently know what current drink prices are, or where I might find them? I've heard that RCI recently increased their prices to encourage passengers to purchase a package. In the past, the amount I typically drink on a cruise tends to be right at the break-even point for the package and my wife probably doesn't get her money's worth. I've purchased them for the sake of convenience, but am not sure what to do this time.

Apologies if this horse has been beaten to death. I typically only frequent this forum when our next cruise is imminent, because it's too painful for me otherwise. :)

Beer: $6.50 to $8

Soda: $4 per 12oz can

Well drinks around $9

Fancy (upper shelf/frozen/blender) cocktails around $12-$13

I sailed the Freedom a few years ago & am also thinking of sailing her on a Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan. We had a Hump cabin Deck 8 last time. But I realize now that any balcony is good. Buy the drink package when it goes on SALE. (if you drink a few drinks a day & want water & maybe a fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast, it's totally worth it)

I've been wondering how Freedom is looking these days. Hoping for some recent cruise reviews

Buy the drink package when it goes on SALE. (if you drink a few drinks a day & want water & maybe a fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast, it's totally worth it)

I would absolutely do that, but I've probably missed my opportunity. With embarkation day less than 3 weeks away, I doubt there will be another sale on beverage packages. Plus, with it being Spring Break time, I'm expecting a sold out ship and lots of people primed to drink, so it's probably not "promotion season" from the RCI Sales team's perspective. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.

I sailed the Freedom a few years ago & am also thinking of sailing her on a Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan. We had a Hump cabin Deck 8 last time. But I realize now that any balcony is good. Buy the drink package when it goes on SALE. (if you drink a few drinks a day & want water & maybe a fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast, it's totally worth it)

I've been wondering how Freedom is looking these days. Hoping for some recent cruise reviews

They have sales on drink packages? How often? Is it random? My cruise is in December of 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They have sales on drink packages? How often? Is it random? My cruise is in December of 2018.

No discernable pattern. Keep checking your Cruise Planner, if that's even possible on Royal's website now.

No discernable pattern. Keep checking your Cruise Planner, if that's even possible on Royal's website now.

I got a sales email for my upcoming Harmony cruise and it said the Drink Package was now 20% off. When I checked the prices, it was the same as it was before the sale. Love it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be honest. I did not read through all 161 pages of this thread. So I'll just ask the question.

We are on Freedom for the Southern Caribbean cruise over Christmas. Since there is no Izumi on the ship, Jade is part of the WJ. Is Jade only open for dinner? Does it have sushi every night? How is the quality/taste?

I'll be honest. I did not read through all 161 pages of this thread. So I'll just ask the question.

We are on Freedom for the Southern Caribbean cruise over Christmas. Since there is no Izumi on the ship, Jade is part of the WJ. Is Jade only open for dinner? Does it have sushi every night? How is the quality/taste?

Jade is just a section of Windjammer, no separate open/close time. It has Asian food for lunch and dinner, and I've only seen sushi at dinner.

• 2 weeks later...